2020 has been designated as the Year of ASEAN Identity to further develop and foster a sense of belonging and shared identity among the peoples of ASEAN. The ASEAN Secretariat, with the support of the ASEAN-German Cooperation implemented by Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH, is initiating the 2020 Year of ASEAN Identity Logo Designing Competition for ASEAN Youths to stimulate young people’s creativity in interpreting ASEAN identity. Moreover, the logo will be featured in various materials and high profile events throughout 2020 to celebrate ASEAN Identity.
Winners of the ASEAN Logo Designing Competition
The panel of judges will select three entries on the basis of predefined criteria. Among the winning entries, the judges will designate one design the first place, while the rest two will be the first and the second runner up. Further, the winners of the ASEAN Logo Designing Competition will receive
- A cash prize of € 2,000
- 2 nights’ hotel stay in Jakarta
- Return flight from an ASEAN Member State to Jakarta for the launch and awarding ceremony
1st runner up: A cash prize of €1,000
2nd runner up: A cash prize of €500
Eligibility for the ASEAN Logo Designing Competition
Candidates are eligible for the ASEAN Logo Designing Contest for Youth 2020 if they abide by the following criteria:
- The contest is open to all passport holders of ASEAN Member States aged 18 to 35 years by 31 December 2019.
- Staff or officers of the ASEAN Secretariat or their immediate family members are not eligible to join.
- Further, individuals only may compete in the ASEAN Logo Designing Competition. (no groups and companies).
- Individuals may submit no more than two entries.
A panel comprising the ASEAN Secretariat, and GIZ will select the winning entry. Moreover, the judges will decide upon the winners on the basis of the following criteria:
- Originality – Does the design reflect distinctiveness and creativity? Is the design visually appealing and commanding attention?
- Relevance – Does the design inspire and contribute to a sense of building ASEAN Identity? Does the design tell a compelling story about the ASEAN Community Building through the promotion of the ASEAN Identity?
- Adaptability – Can the design be reproduced in different formats and accommodate various applications?
- Aesthetics – Is the design well put together to demonstrate balanced visual and color coordination?
How to Submit Entry for ASEAN Logo Designing Competition?
Eligible candidates may submit their design for the ASEAN Logo Designing Contest through the online application. A candidate may, at most, submit two entries. Participants must use separate form for each entry. Further, participants should abide by the following rules:
- Each logo submission must be accompanied by a write-up (of no more than 50 words) on your interpretation of the ASEAN Identity through your logo design, e.g. by answering the following questions: What does ASEAN Identity mean to you? What inspires your design? How does your logo design help to promote ASEAN awareness and foster ASEAN Identity?
- Entries must be JPEG files.
- For quality reproduction purposes, the winning entry must later be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS).
- Color must be CMYK and RGB, though the logo may also be produced in black and white. It is best to avoid gradients and half-tones.
- It should be visually appealing on both small (as small as 2 cm x 2 cm) and large scales.
- There is no fee to enter the contest.
ASEAN accepts the submission for the 2020 Logo Designing Competition for Youth until 11:59 p.m. on 22 November 2019 (Jakarta time). However, late submissions do not qualify to move forward to judging round.