Applications are open for the CIVICUS Solidarity Fund (CSF) 2022. The CSF is a member-led and member-resourced fund that aims to promote civil society diversity and resilience and seeks to provide meaningful resources and support to members in need through flexible grants.
The fund is accessible to CIVICUS members that normally struggle to access resources and support due to restrictions in the space where they operate, their organising characteristics (unregistered, recently established organisations, etc) or simply who they are and what they challenge: small CSOs (formal and non-formal), individual activists, movements – particularly from historically oppressed and marginalised groups – and early-stage social advocates and social entrepreneurs that are contributing to transformational impact in the communities served.
The objectives of the CIVICUS Solidarity Fund are to:
- Enhance solidarity within the alliance, fostering a sense of belonging to a global movement for change;
- Support civil society diversity and resilience, especially among smaller, non-formal actors;
- Create opportunities where they do not exist for change-seeking actors to contribute to a more just, inclusive and sustainable world.
Funding for CIVICUS Solidarity Fund
- Funding requests should be between US$1,000 and US$10,000.
Eligibility for CIVICUS Solidarity Fund
Applications are open to all types of CIVICUS members – organisations and individuals with voting or associate membership status – which meet the following criteria.
- You must be a CIVICUS voting member or associate member. To become a CIVICUS member, follow this link. To verify your membership status please send an email to [email protected].
- You belong to one of this groups: women, youth, people with disabilities, LGBTIQ+, Labour rights groups, indigenous and traditional peoples, and rural communities.
- You belong to the same group or community whose issues you are trying to address. For organisations, this implies that you are constituency-led. For example, an organisation working to increase youth participation in civil society is constituent-led if its leaders and members are young people.
- You find it hard to access funds because of government bans, bureaucracy/donor requirements and are seriously risking having to stop your activities for lacking resources.
- You haven’t been awarded the CIVICUS Solidarity Fund before.
- The activities associated with the grant can be completed within 12 months.
- For individual applicants: You must belong to a movement/collective which will ultimately and clearly benefit from the grant assigned to the individual and the activities they will plan with these resources.
Evaluation Criteria of CIVICUS Solidarity Fund
There are 8 main criteria for assessment. The information provided below aims to help applicants understand what the Membership Advisory Group (MAG) will be looking for when making their decisions. Each criterion is evaluated on a scale from 1 to 5.
- Clearly bring about lasting changes or a positive impact in your organisation/group/community.
- Clearly explains the problems, challenges, and what you are going to do about them.
- Clearly benefits the applicant’s broader community.
- The proposal is designed from and by the impacted community.
- Faces difficulty being funded from other sources.
- Takes an innovative approach or is a bold action.
- Includes specific and clear activities on a reasonable timeline. For requests of core funding, MAG will assess if the costs you are requesting are clear and on a reasonable timeline.
- Demonstrates that the organisation or individual has the commitment to carry out the proposal.
Application of CIVICUS Solidarity Fund
Applications can be submitted online through the link below. You can also apply by email. You can download the application form in the official application link and send it to [email protected] indicating “Application for CSF” in the email subject.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.