The Asian Development Bank (ADB) and International Economic Association (IEA) invite papers for the 2022 ADB-IEA Innovative Policy Research Award.
The ADB-IEA Innovative Policy Research Award aims to promote the application of innovative empirical research in economics to support evidence-based policies in addressing key development challenges in Asia and the Pacific.
There is no restriction on topics or themes. ADB’s current operational priorities include:
- Tackling climate change as the region is currently producing half of the global greenhouse gas emissions.
- Addressing inequality due to the digital divide following rapid digitalization in many countries in the region.
- Enhancing regional cooperation to facilitate faster recovery of trade and investment in the region.
- Increasing fiscal and economic resilience post-pandemic.
Benefits from Innovative Policy Research Award
- The award will be given to the three best papers. Each award-winning paper will receive a $7,000 grant financed by ADB.
- The top three papers will be presented at the ADB-IEA award session of the 2022 ADB Annual Meeting. ADB will also facilitate the presentation of the award-winning papers at ADB’s Asia Thought Leader Series. ADB intends to apply the ideas generated by the award-winning paper to its operations and policy advice.
Eligibility Required for Innovative Policy Research Award
- Firstly, The paper must be an original research work in economics that provides evidence for better solutions/policies to address a key development challenge in Asia and the Pacific;
- Secondly, The paper has been or has the potential to be considered for publication in a peer-reviewed journal;
- Thirdly, The researcher is willing to work with policymakers in an ADB developing member to test and develop the research into policy solutions;
- Researchers from any country may apply, but the policy solutions must be relevant for an ADB developing member country;
- They especially encourage young and female scholars and researchers from universities, think tanks, and academic institutions to apply.
- Relevance of the problem to current regional issues/challenges (25%)
- Quality of methodology and analysis (25%)
- Structure and presentation (25%)
- Operational applicability (25%)
Application Details of Innovative Policy Research Award
Submissions are due no later than December 31, 2021. They anticipate completing the selection of the award-winning papers by the end of February 2022.
Submissions should include the full paper, including the title, abstract of 100 words or less, JEL codes, and full names of authors.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.