Apply for the Cartier Women’s Initiative Regional & Science & Technology Pioneer Awards 2021. The deadline for the application is 31st July 2020.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative is looking for women-run and women-owned impact-driven businesses from across the world.
The Cartier Women’s Initiative is an annual international entrepreneurship program that aims to drive change by empowering women impact entrepreneurs. Founded in 2006, the program is open to women-run and women-owned businesses from any country and sector that aims to have a strong and sustainable social and/or environmental impact.
- Regional Awards: Each of the 7 laureates will get US$ 100,000 in grant whereas each of the14 remaining finalists (second and third runner-up for each region) receives US$ 30,000 in the grant.
- Science & Technology Pioneer Award: Likewise, the laureate will receive US$ 100,000 in grant whereas each of the two remaining finalists will receive US$ 30,000 in the grant.
The applicant’s business must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- For-profit: the business should generate sufficient revenues to support its operations and return some level of profit to its owners.
- Early-stage: Also, the business should have a proven business model and be in the initial phase of its development and growth. For the 2021 edition, Cartier is looking for businesses that have been incorporated between August 2015 and August 2019. Moreover, they are focused on companies that are majority-owned by founders and employees at the time of application.
- Revenue generation: Likewise, the business should currently be generating revenue from the sales of its products and/or services for at least 1 year as of the date of application. A business that is generating revenue is not necessarily profitable in its first years of operations.
- Fundraising: Furthermore, the business should not have raised more than US$2 million in dilutive funding. The Regional Awards cap the funds in order to ensure that the businesses fall within a similar range of development. Additionally, note that businesses that have not raised any external funding are also welcome to apply.
Visit the official page for more information.
Also, visit oyaop.com for more opportunities.