Applications for the ClimateScience Olympiad 2023 are now open. The ClimateScience Olympiad is the student competition to find solutions to climate change. Are you ready to step into the shoes of the world leaders?
The event is organised by ClimateScience, a UK-based educational charity focusing on climate solutions, who have reached a global audience of over 1 million monthly learners through multiple educational initiatives. The goal is to find solutions to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). ClimateScience Olympiad 2022 saw more than 55,000 students participate from over 190 countries.
Prizes from ClimateScience Olympiad
- First place wins $5,000
- Second place wins $3,000
- Third place wins $2,000
- Participants ranked 4th through 7th win $1,000 each and 8th through 10th take home $500.
- Winners will also get a chance to speak at the Award Ceremony, hopefully to be conducted at COP28.
Eligibility for ClimateScience Olympiad
- Open to students between the age of 12-25 years can register either solo or in a team of two. Registrations are free for everyone.
- The CSO23 has three age brackets: under 16s, 17-19, and 20-25 years old. Regardless of age, participants compete in the same qualifiers and answer the same type of problem statements. However, they only compare participants within their age brackets. This means they score the three brackets independently and normalise scores within each. Semi-finalists, finalists, and winners are those with the highest normalised scores. This ensures fair comparison regardless of age.
- Participants must be comfortable with at least one of the following 12 languages: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Italian, German, Polish, Dutch, Romanian.
Application of ClimateScience Olympiad
Click here to apply
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.