Apply to become a Theme Lead for emerging research leaders in climate and environment. In 2023, the ACU and the British Council will deliver another Commonwealth Futures Climate Research Cohort. This unique programme is designed to enhance the contribution of science to national, regional, and international decision-making in climate change mitigation and adaptation.
Early career researchers (ECRs) will be provided with training and development opportunities for knowledge exchange and research for impact.
The new programme will target 10 priority countries and support 20 ECRs with skills development in areas such as:
- research leadership
- knowledge exchange
- research for impact
- media training
Funding for Commonwealth Futures Climate Research
- July – November 2023: Staff time for a knowledge exchange project to engage policy and practice stakeholders in research scoping (up to £5,000 inclusive of taxes).
- April – November 2024: Funding for the Co-I role if the research project is selected. Funding for the number of days is dependent on research design.
- The following in-kind contributions are anticipated:
- February 2023 – participation in the selection of ECRs, (3 days scoring applications, 0.5 days selection panel meeting)
- January 2024 – participation in transdisciplinary research sandpits (3 days)
- January – March 2024 – Co-I role supporting the development of research proposals for the programme call (2 days)
Eligibility for Commonwealth Futures Climate Research
UK HEIs in receipt of a grant from a HEI funding body are invited to apply:
- Research England
- Higher Education Funding Council for Wales
- Scottish Funding Council
- Northern Ireland’s Department for the Economy
Evaluation Criteria of Commonwealth Futures Climate Research
- Demonstrated multidisciplinary expertise in a climate adaptation and/or mitigation-related thematic area.
- Established multi-sectoral partnerships/networks relevant to the thematic area outlined in the criteria above.
- Demonstrated track record in internationalisation and supporting the development of researchers and research globally.
- A clear outline of how the institute will contribute to program activities.
Application of Commonwealth Futures Climate Research
Complete the online application form, which requests:
- Institution and/or department/centre
- Lead applicant and supporting staff (co-applicants), including CVs
- Proposed research theme and sub-themes
- 4 statements detailing the skills and experience required for the position
- A budget detailing the number of days allocated to each activity, the day rate in Pound Sterling (GBP) of the staff member delivering the work, and the number of days provided as in-kind contribution
- A letter of support from the Head of Department/Institute (or equivalent authority)
astly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.