Do you want to be part of the solution to the climate change challenge? Do you want to expand your business by contributing to nature-based solutions? Apply now for the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Climate Innovation Contest 2022.
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) launches the Climate Innovation Fund to award innovative ideas that will help improve the conservation and sustainable use of natural resources in Ethiopia.
Benefits from Climate Innovation Contest
- GIZ will contribute up to EUR 50,000 worth of investments and requires matching contributions from the winners. The costs matched by the private sector partner can be provided in monetary terms or in-kind.
Eligibility for Climate Innovation Contest
Open start-ups and small businesses in the sectors of technology (app developers), food production, cosmetics, pharmaceutical and timber.
Project concepts of Companies and Consortia – or Consortia in preparation –coming from relevant sectors, and meeting the following criteria are eligible for participating in the Call for Proposals:
- Ethiopian Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs):
- Firstly, At least two audited annual financial statements available.
- Secondly, At least EUR 500,000 annual turnover.
- Thirdly, At least eight employees.
- Lastly, Sufficient financial stability and liquidity to provide the necessary own contribution.
- Ethiopian Start-ups:
- That are under 2 years old and have raised under EUR 250,000.
- That are registered in Ethiopia.
- Sufficient financial stability and liquidity to provide the necessary own contribution.
Application of Climate Innovation Contest
- Round 1 – Interested beneficiaries wishing to apply for funds, will be requested to first submit their project idea using the standard application form. Submit your project ideas to [email protected] before the deadline ends in English.
- Preselection of Project Ideas: 1st Round of Evaluation & Assessment through Selection Committee: All project ideas received in time will be assessed and evaluated. Applications will only be considered, if all documents and information are received, and applicants meet eligibility criteria.
- Round 2 – pre-selected Candidates will be invited to present Project Ideas to the Selection Committee in May 2022.
- Final Selection of Project Ideas by the Steering Committee in May 2022.
- Information of winners, preparation of project implementation contract and release of funds in June 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.