Applications are open for the Development Bank of Nigeria (DBN) Entrepreneurship Training Program 2022. The Development Bank of Nigeria is committed to building the Capacity of the Nigerian MSMEs to enable them formalize, grow and become more bankable to get easy access to available credit.
This year, they would be deploying the DBN Learning Management System (LMS) – a free learning portal with carefully curated self-paced courses. The portal is open to all Nigerian MSMEs who are interested in acquiring the right knowledge needed to succeed in doing business in Nigeria.
In addition, DBN will be selecting the best 200 businesses to attend a face-to-face training in Lagos and Abuja. This physical session would be an opportunity for businesses to practically apply important principles to their various businesses, discuss and receive business support in specific areas of need.
Benefits from Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training
- All businesses will be eligible to pitch their business value proposition and 14 businesses will be selected to receive grant funding.
Eligibility for Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training
- The owner of the business must be 18 years and above;
- Business owner must be a citizen or legal resident of Nigeria;
- The business must be based in Nigeria;
- The business must be for profit from any sector;
- Applicant must be available to commit to the training schedule once accepted.
- Bankability – Level of readiness to access credit
- Feasibility and Sustainability of the business model
- Scalability – Demonstrates potential for growth of business to create jobs
Application of Nigeria Entrepreneurship Training
- Interested businesses must register on the DBN BizAid application and must complete a minimum of 4 mandatory courses on the BizAid Learning management platform and obtain an average score of 70%. The courses that must be completed are:
- Accounting & Bookkeeping
- Sustainability for MSMEs
- Marketing and Sales Techniques
- Credit Management/Access to Finance
- All businesses who have completed the 4 courses by September 23 will receive an email with a link to apply for the face-to-face training.
- Upon submission of the application form, an email confirming receipt will be sent to the applicant within a 24-hour period.
- Applicants will be screened and shortlisted from the close of the application based on the eligibility criteria.
- Selection will be carried out using the defined selection criteria from the pool of shortlisted applications.
- Communication with successful applicants shall be by email to the email address provided and a phone call to the phone number provided on the application form.
- On site Training for selected applicants will commence on October 17 to October 21, 2022 in Lagos and Abuja.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.