Applications are open for the doroob Development Incubation Program 2023. doroob provides idea-stage entrepreneurs with tailored training, dedicated mentoring, network development opportunities, and access to workspaces and technical resources. That’s in addition to direct financial support of 600 Euros/month for each incubator team member so that they are able to dedicate their time, energy, and resources to turning their ideas into viable solutions. The first edition of the program will support idea-stage entrepreneurs in creative industries.
They are looking for 24 innovative ideas across four challenges:
- Furniture designing — how can we revamp furniture manufacturing and design in Egypt in order for local products to compete in global markets? Your ideas can tackle innovative approaches to reduce waste, reuse byproducts, or recycle second-hand materials.
- Interior designing — how can we make sourcing eco-friendly raw materials and prototyping ideas for interior design more accessible and affordable? Your idea can tackle cost-effective solutions for sourcing sustainable raw materials and creating digital prototypes.
- Handicrafts — how can we promote growth in Egypt’s handicraft industry? Your idea can tackle innovative solutions to support small-scale handicraft businesses in acquiring high-quality, locally-manufactured machinery, sourcing sustainable raw materials, or accessing more markets.
- Performing arts — how can we support artists in building sustainable business models and finding facilities to raise awareness about local life issues through their artworks? Your idea can tackle innovative solutions that support performing artists in monetizing and sustaining their work while highlighting local causes through their artworks.
Benefits from doroob Development Incubation Program
- Business & technical training: Throughout the entire program, all teams receive training sessions on related business and technical topics, such as prototyping fundamentals, sustainable development, leadership, digital marketing, communications, etc.
- Financial support: Each member of the team that advances to the incubation phase will receive direct financial support of 600 EUR/month for six months to support them in turning their ideas into viable solutions.
- Mentoring and coaching: Experts from enpact’s and DROSOS FOUNDATION’s global networks will support the participating teams with dedicated coaching sessions and mentoring from the onset of the pre-incubation phase.
- Workspaces: Teams will receive access to workstations and makerspaces throughout the program from the onset of the pre-incubation phase.
- Regional landing pad: Teams will get the opportunity to connect with international experts and potential partners by exploring the European market through a landing pad program in Berlin after completing the incubation phase.
- Networking opportunities: Teams will also get the opportunity to take part in key industry events and pitch their solutions to international ecosystem players and investors.
Eligibility for doroob Development Incubation Program
- You are a university student or a recent graduate who is over 18 years old;
- You are Egyptian, or you have a valid Egyptian residency;
- Your innovative idea tackles one of the four challenges directly or indirectly;
- Your innovative idea has the potential for scalability and can benefit from early-stage startup support.
Application of doroob Development Incubation Program
In order to consider your application, they need information about you and your idea as well as your ID and any relevant documents. They will also need a link to a short video of you introducing yourself and your idea.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.