Applications are open for the East-West Center Asia Pacific Leadership Program 2023. The Asia Pacific Leadership Programme brings together diverse individuals who want to co-create a future that is peaceful, prosperous, and just.
Through place-based learning that is experiential and transformational, APLP fellows practice leadership strategies that enhance personal, team, and community effectiveness. Fellows reflect on the kinds of leadership today’s world needs, and build the capacities needed for such leadership.
The APLP Approach:
- Place-Based: Focuses on leadership in context and builds on communities’ diversity and abundance
- Experiential: Supports Fellows as they practice leadership together, reflect on results, and refine their strategies for greater impact
- Transformational: Fosters individual and collective growth for emerging and established leaders
For 20 years, they have been cultivating leaders who are motivated and capable of creating positive impacts in the Asia Pacific region and beyond. Incoming Fellows join a network of 650+ APLP alumni from 45 countries across the globe.
Cost of Asia Pacific Leadership Program
Programme Costs (USD): $10,902
- Programme Fee: $7,000
- Housing in East-West Center living quarters: $1,002
- Estimated living expenses in Hawaii: $2,900
- Note: programme cost does not include airfare to/from Hawai`i and visa fees; supplementary scholarships are available to defray the cost of the programme fee and housing. Scholarship support may be requested in the scholarship section of the application.
Eligibility for Asia Pacific Leadership Program
- Applicant must show a demonstrated commitment to promoting peace and prosperity in the Asia Pacific region through professional work, study, or living experience;
- Have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher education institution in the United States, or equivalent degree representing a full-time programme of study of at least 3 years’ duration, from an officially-recognized higher education institution outside of the United States;
- At least 5 years of work experience;
- There are no citizenship, age, or ethnicity restrictions;
- Applicants will be expected to have a fluent level of English;
- Applicants are encouraged to provide an English language test score (such as IELTS), if one is available.
- Leadership track record in professional, public, and/or personal realms;
- Willingness to engage fully in place-based experiential, and transformational leadership development training;
- Deep involvement in a specific organization, business or community impact initiative (applicants must explain how, with their home-based teams, they will experiment with the leadership strategies learned in APLP);
- International experience, including overseas residence, language skills, intercultural and diversity exposure;
- Experience of cohort learning, working collaboratively in small teams or in large groups.
Application of Asia Pacific Leadership Program
Applications must be submitted by November 1, 2022. Letters of Reference will be accepted until November 6, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.