The Eiger Foundation Photobook of the Year Awards is an annual prize offered to the best photographic publication by a photographer from, or working in, Africa.
Eiger Foundation is an organisation that works to promote African photography and other art forms through exhibitions, educational programmes, competitions as well as creative exchanges.
Conditions for Entry
- a book in which the dominant content is photography, featuring the work of one or more photographer(s).
- Production of the book must be in physical form.
- Production or publication of the book must be between January 1, 2019, and January 1, 2022.
- Entries should be only by the photographer, the publisher, or a third party acting with the consent of the photographer.
- The contestant should be an African photographer or a publisher established on the African continent.
- Also, books on an African theme by non-African photographers or non-African publishers are also eligible.
- Exhibition catalogues or museum publications, as well as text-only publications, are not eligible.
- Furthermore, the book can have photographs of any genre or topic.
How to Enter
- generate your submission form via the form on this official page before March 1, 2022.
- provide the following information on the submittable entry form:
- Book title, year of publication as well as publisher information
- Book blurb, a short description/summary of the book
- The photographer or author’s name
- Book dimensions, number of pages
- Distribution information
- An image or render of the book cover (JPG file)
- A digital copy of your book in PDF format
- Moreover, you don’t need to pay any fee for participation.
- The winner will get a $20,000 prize
- Shortlisted five books will be on the EIGER FOUNDATION website along with the jury’s comments.
- The four runner-ups s will receive a prize of $3,000 each.
Terms and Conditions
- EIGER FOUNDATION shall have the right to acquire a physical copy of the book from competitors as part of the judging process.
- The judges’ decisions are final.
- the entrant grants to the EIGER FOUNDATION a license to reproduce representative examples
- Also, Eiger Foundation reserves the right to reject entries
- The host accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost in transit.
- All books submitted to the awards remain the property of the Eiger Foundation. Also, it will become part of its library.
- Details of particular entries can be released to the press as part of marketing the awards
- Furthermore, the entry should be original and the participant should own the copyright.