Applications for the Elisabeth & Amélie Fund 2023 are now open. The Fund provides grants to enable foreign masters’ students to do an internship in sustainable water management in a developing country.
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund supports sustainable water management in developing countries, among others by financing on-the-spot internships for students from developing countries who are studying in Belgium.
The Elisabeth & Amelie Fund takes into consideration an integrated approach to water management that includes technical and/or sociological aspects. The internship will take place in a developing country (the student’s country of origin or another country). It will be tied to a master’s thesis or an equivalent and under the responsibility of the Belgian academic institution where the student is studying.
Benefits from Elisabeth & Amélie Fund
- The grant will cover the expenses inherent to the internship, up to a maximum of €5,000. The internship, which should last 1 to 2 months, must take place between December 2022 and the end of August 2023. About ten grants shall be awarded.
Eligibility for Elisabeth & Amélie Fund
- Open to students from developing countries who are pursuing a master’s level degree (master’s, specialisation master’s or a second bachelor’s degree)
- Their work on a thesis should be linked to water management.
- Objective. The internship is linked to the access to water or its management in developing countries and must be clearly part of the subject of the candidate’s end of year project.
- Pertinence. The work undertaken by the candidate at local level and the results that emanate from this, deal with important local issues.
- Capabilities. The budget requested must match the candidate’s needs. He/She must have sufficient resources to complete the internship under the required conditions.
- Originality. The approach chosen by the candidate for his internship or the framework within which he is going to work have an innovative side. They are, in a certain way, different from the usual approaches or frameworks.
- Impact. What will be realized during the internship brings real added value to the scientific approach that supports the end of year thesis.
Application of Elisabeth & Amélie Fund
- Connect up to your account here, or create an account if this is your first application.
- Complete the application form online (you can take your time and do it in several stages if you like).
- When your application has been fully completed, send it in.
- They will send you a confirmation by e-mail, as well as a pdf of your application.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.