Applications for the Ericsson Together Apart Nigeria Hackathon 2022 are now open. The Hackathon is hacking for a connected future and solving global challenges. The theme-based hackathon aims to identify innovative and commercially viable solutions showcasing the power of connectivity and 5G in Nigeria.
Africa in Motion is about Ericsson’s mission to empower a sustainable and connected Africa. Ericsson has been connecting Africa for over 100 years and has built the wireless networks for every generation – from the early 1G networks to the first advanced 5G networks. Their promise and commitment towards Africa are to always support a world where digitalization is transforming the eco-system; enabling sustainable growth, economic development. The Hackathon’s objective is to identify innovative solutions using technology and connectivity creating tomorrow’s solutions from today’s challenges inspired by Nigeria’s 5G deployment.
- Healthcare & Education Challenge: With gaps in digital platform literacy, professional training, access to affordable devices and more, how can new digital technologies and connectivity ensure the best future for all; regardless of gender, economic status or even geographical location? How can this be achieved while promoting sustainable economic gain to enable new businesses and a thriving ecosystem.
- Manufacturing & Mining: How can connected industry and adjacent solutions help improve process efficiencies, reduce operational costs and identify new business models, in order to kickstart a sustainable future for both industries.
- Digital Financial Inclusion: As the Fintech and Mobile Money industry grows, how can new technologies such as 5G and other digital solutions be leveraged to democratise financial solutions for consumers and businesses – allowing greater access, improving user experience, and ensuring higher financial literacy? What additional, innovative features could enhance the Mobile Money experience and address identified consumer painpoints?
- Smart Cities & IoT: Using 5G technology, IoT and other digital technologies as an enabler, invent and design a modern-day solution optimising something from Nigeria’s past. This idea can be a physical or abstract product or solution.
Benefits from Together Apart Nigeria Hackathon
- Opportunity to develop and scale solution.
- Access to Network and potential customers.
- An all paid round trip to Ericsson HQ in Stockholm, Sweden.
- Meeting with entrepreneurial community in Sweden to present the idea/solution.
Eligibility for Together Apart Nigeria Hackathon
- Open only for participants residing in Nigeria.
- Applicant may be
- A creative individual
- An Industry specialist
- An Academic (graduate, post grad)
- An Economist – Business Strategist
- A Computer maven
- A Project manager
- A Systems analyst
- A Programmer
- A Entrepreneurs
- A Startup
Application of Together Apart Nigeria Hackathon
To join Ericsson Together Apart Hackathon:
- Sign into the platform using your email and entering the confirmation code received.
- Complete your profile in the registration form.
- Submit your idea/project that fits the challenge you are interested in.
- Add team members by inviting them to join your idea/project. They only approve ready made teams of 2-4 persons. Team members must first be registered to the hackathon!
- Ensure your profile, submission and team are completed well before the deadline on July 31, 2022 (Lagos time).
- Eligible teams will be notified and invited to the hackathon.
- Join the hack, learn new things, network and develop your idea.
- Submit your pitch at the end for a jury review.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.