Applications for the ETH4D Faculty Exchange Visiting Scientist Grant 2022 are open. ETH4D provides grants for visiting scientists, belonging to an academic institution in low and lower-middle income countries. The visiting scientist may visit ETH Zurich to conduct a short research stay at an ETH Zurich chair or laboratory or to attend a conference or workshop organised by ETH Zurich scientists.
Visiting Scientist Grant
- A maximum of 10,000 CHF can be granted per visit. A detailed budget is requested, including financial contributions by the applicant, as well as the visiting scientist or their university (in cash and/or in-kind).
Eligibility for Visiting Scientist Grant
- Eligible to apply are ETH4D members (senior scientists belonging to an ETH4D member group are eligible as well) who are hired at ETH Zurich at least in a 50 % position. ETH Zurich scientists, who are not yet a member of ETH4D, can also apply and will become a member if they are awarded an ETH4D Visiting Scientist Grant.
- Visiting scientist must be affiliated at an institution in a country classified under the categories according to the DAC-list of the OECD. Preference will be given to “least developed”, “low-income” and “lower-middle income” countries.
- Has existing or planned research collaborations with the hosting professor.
- Proven academic qualifications.
Application of Visiting Scientist Grant
Complete the electronic application form and upload all required documents (project description, budget, CVs).
Note that the following needs to be addressed in the project description (max. 1-2 pages):
- Research Stay
- Project description and objectives to be achieved during the research stay.
- Timeframe and work plan.
- Description of:
- added value of conducting research at ETH Zurich for individual career development of visiting scientist
- adaptation of the acquired knowledge to the local context and dissemination at the home institution
- interest of hosting professor to host this scientist, including potential follow-up activities after the stay
- Conference/Workshop attendance
- Expected benefit for the institutional relationship between ETH Zurich and the candidate’s institution.
- Relevance of the conference or workshop for the candidate’s research and career development.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.