The World Habitat Awards competition has been run by World Habitat in partnership with UN-Habitat since 1985. In that time some of the world’s most remarkable and innovative housing projects have received international recognition for their work.
Benefits from World Habitat Awards 2022
In 2022, we will be presenting the Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards to the most outstanding projects and programs. The two GOLD Award-winning projects receive:
- A trophy (presented at a global event) in recognition of their work to develop and deliver good practice in housing. We will work with our winners to ensure all events are COVID secure. World Habitat meets travel and accommodation costs for a project representative to attend the awards ceremony;
- prize money of £10,000; and
- follow-up support from World Habitat through our exChange program.
Eligibility Required for World Habitat Awards 2022
The World Habitat Awards want to hear about projects from around the world that:
- Firstly, focus on affordable and adequate housing;
- Secondly, have taken action to address the climate emergency;
- Thirdly, are in progress or have been completed in the last ten years;
- are taking steps to promote diversity, equality, and inclusion; and
- have been designed and/ or delivered in close collaboration with the residents/ local community
- Lastly, If you have any questions, please contact: [email protected]
Entry Guidelines of World Habitat Awards 2022
The Awards are open to all individuals, organizations, or governments who have addressed housing challenges. World Habitat encourages entries from all over the world as the World Habitat Award is given to projects from the global North as well as the South that provide practical and innovative housing solutions.
Entries to the Awards are encouraged from housing projects and programs that
- Firstly, Demonstrate practical, innovative, and sustainable solutions to current housing challenges.
- Secondly, Can be transferred or adapted to other countries across the world.
- Thirdly, Are already being implemented or are completed i.e. not at the design stage or in the very early stages of development.
- Lastly, view the term habitat from a broad perspective and bring a range of other benefits. Entries from projects and programs that are addressing the climate emergency are preferred. Furthermore, other benefits of interest to the award include income generation; social inclusion; community and individual empowerment; health benefits; capacity building, and or education.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.