The Getty Images Inclusion Grants are open to photographers around the world with the aim of promoting greater diversity and inclusion within the photographic and media industries.
- Through its partner organizations, Getty Images is offering eight grants of $5,000 each to individual photographers and videographers.
- Grants are to be earmarked for photographers from different professional specialties, such as news, sport, entertainment, and video/multimedia.
- Winners are selected by juries convened by each organization and Getty Images.
- photography projects, either new or in progress, from visual journalists working in a documentary capacity.
- at least one of the available grants will be earmarked for a nonbinary or transgender photographer.
- project with a news focus on one of the following:
- sports project
- arts & entertainment project
- video or multimedia project
- Funding may be used to cover the hard costs of reporting, photographers’ creative fees, as well as any other expenses that support the production of new work.
- However, this grant is not meant to support the production of books, exhibitions, workshops, or other secondary materials.