Applications are open for the Open Knowledge Foundation (OKFN) Open Data Day Small Grants 2022. The grant aims to support organisations hosting Open Data events and activities across the world.
The grants will favour work across disciplines, targeted campaigns and advocacy efforts to support the Paris Agreement, local efforts tackling climate change, and using open data for social impact. This year’s grant funding is OPEN for in-person events only and will support 14 events. 10 open data events and 4 special category events.
Categories of Data Day Small Grants
This year’s categories are:
- Environmental data: Use open data to illustrate the urgency of the climate emergency and spur people into action to take a stand or make changes in their lives to help the world become more environmentally sustainable.
- Tracking public money flows: Expand budget transparency, dive into public procurement, examine tax data or raise issues around public finance management by submitting Freedom of Information requests.
- Open mapping: Learn about the power of maps to develop better communities.
- Data for equal development: How can open data be used by communities to highlight pressing issues on a local, national or global level? Can open data be used to track progress towards the Sustainable Development Goals or SDGs?
- Ocean data for a thriving planet (special category): Use open data to create tools for ocean resilience and sustainability, help communities organise and share ocean data, or combine local and global data sources to show the connections between oceans, climate, and human well-being.
Data Day Small Grants
- The grant ranges from $500 to $1,000 to help organisations host in-person Open Data events and activities.
Eligibility for Data Day Small Grants
- Open to all registered organisations across the world, who are interested in hosting in-person open data events and activities in their country.
- An individual cannot apply for this year’s small grant application, and the events cannot be virtual or online.
- The application of special grants for the “Ocean data for a thriving planet” category is restricted to organisations and communities living in coastal nations.
Application of Data Day Small Grants
The application deadline is May 13, 2022 and the events supported by the grant should take place from June 1, 2022 until August 31, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.