Applications are open for the Google Developer Student Clubs Solution Challenge 2022. They are looking forward to all of your amazing projects that are solving for the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals!
In 2015, the United Nations created 17 Sustainable Development Goals and aimed to achieve them by 2030. All 193 United Nations Member States agreed on these 17 goals to end poverty, ensure prosperity, and protect the planet. For the 2022 Solution Challenge, your mission is to create a project that contributes to solving one or more of the 17 Sustainable Development Goals using Google technologies.
Prizes from Student Clubs Solution Challenge
- Firstly, Top 50 teams: Win a T-shirt, certificate, and mentorship from Googlers and other experts to improve and submit a solution for the top prize.
- Top 10 finalists: Win a $1,000 cash prize per team member, swag, certificate, mentorship from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day livestream.
- Top 3 winners: Win a $3,000 cash prize per team member, swag, certificate, mentorship from Google, and a feature in the Google Developers Blog and Demo Day livestream.
Eligibility for Student Clubs Solution Challenge
- The Solution Challenge is open to members of Google Developer Student Clubs. Join a Google Developer Student Club (GDSC) on the GDSC community page.
Impact (60 points)
- Does the entry establish a clear problem or challenge drawn from one or more of the United Nations 17 Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and is it clearly explained which specific SDG targets the entry is solving for? (10 points)
- How effectively does the solution address the challenge identified by the team? (20 points)
- Is there evidence of a next step? Does the team display a plan for future extension if they were to continue? (10 points)
- Is there evidence that the solution has been thoroughly tested with real users? (10 points)
- Is there evidence that the solution was iterated upon based on user feedback? (10 points)
Technology (40 points)
- Does the solution implement all the technical components needed to solve the challenge? (10 points)
- Has the team clearly explained what Google technology they used, why, and included guidance on how to run their code? (10 points)
- Does the video demonstration show the working solution and how a user will interact with the solution? Does the demonstration highlight how Google’s technologies are implemented, and also mention the value the technology provides the users? (10 points)
- Has the team made effective product and technical decisions for their solution? (10 points)
Application of Student Clubs Solution Challenge
Submit your application by the deadline, March 31, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.