Applications for the Innovation Square Start-up Accelerator 2023 are now open. The Innovation Square Startup Accelerator ([email protected]) is Okinawa’s first global startup accelerator programme.
Each year, a highly selective group of entrepreneurs from all over the world is chosen to participate in a fixed-term residency programme at the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Graduate University (OIST), where they receive the funding, mentoring, and partnerships required to launch their technology ventures right here in Okinawa, Japan. The [email protected] Accelerator combines talent, facilities, and resources from OIST with the most innovative, global technology entrepreneurs to build startups together.
Benefits from Innovation Square Start-up Accelerator
- Awards will range from 3-10 million JPY
- Funds can be used for:
- Personnel (salary, benefits)
- Lab supplies
- Contract research
- Travel to conferences and exhibitions
- Lab and office space
- Access to OIST core research equipment and resources
- Connect with OIST research and business network
- Venture capital and industry partners
- Expert industry mentors assigned to each project
- Professional Training
- Lean Startup Entrepreneurship Program
- Business Planning Courses
- Project Management Courses
- Professional Services
- Corporate legal advice
- Intellectual property advice
- Administrative Services
- Programme management by staff of the OIST Technology Development & Innovation Center
- IT services
Eligibility for Innovation Square Start-up Accelerator
- Open to entrepreneurs from Japan and overseas with an innovative technology ranging in Technology Readiness Level of 3-6.
- All technology fields are considered except projects requiring pharmaceutical/drug clinical trials (pre-clinical is eligible).
- If selected, at least 1 founder who has (or will have) ownership of the startup must relocate to Okinawa and devote 100% effort on the project for the duration of the accelerator programme.
- Passion and commitment to the technology and project
- Fit to OIST environment and resources
- Technical merit
- Market potential
- Goals achievable within programme duration
- Societal impact (Okinawa, Japan, the World)
Application of Innovation Square Start-up Accelerator
To apply for the Startup Accelerator Programme, you must submit a Letter of Intent. Application will close on November 20, 2022 (JST).
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.