Applications for the International AIDS Society Youth Hub Seed Grant Program 2022 are now open. IAS – the International AIDS Society – invites young leaders to submit a proposal requesting up to $10,000 to implement a six-month innovation project (from January 1 to June 30, 2023) that addresses a need in the HIV response for young people living with and affected by HIV.
The IAS will support a new cohort of five Young Leaders with seed grants to scale up HIV-related innovation projects that respond to a locally defined need. Each Young Leader must be affiliated with and logistically supported by an organization working in HIV and/or sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) or other related areas.
Benefits from Youth Hub Seed Grant
Selected young leaders will be awarded:
- $10,000 seed grant to implement and/or scale up an HIV-related innovative project over a period of six months.
- Capacity building in monitoring and evaluation, reporting and communications and networking opportunities.
- Travel to IAS 2023, the 12th IAS Conference on HIV Science, in Brisbane, Australia – pending funding.
- Inclusion in the IAS 2023 Young Leaders Programme.
Eligibility for Youth Hub Seed Grant
The Young Leader must:
- Be connected to an organization that is willing and able to provide mentorship and logistical support for the proposed Young Leaders project.
- Be between 18 and 30 years old (and ideally under 25).
- Agree to be featured in IAS digital media.
- Be willing to attend IAS 2023 from 23 to 26 July 2023 – pending funding.
The host organization must:
- Be willing to undergo eligibility checks with the Charities Aid Foundation (CAF).
- Be willing to actively mentor the Young Leader.
- Be willing to logistically support its Young Leader in the day-to-day aspects of the implementation of their innovation project.
- Be able and willing to report and communicate with the IAS in English.
Selection of applications will be based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of project plan
- Evidence of project sustainability
- Strength of youth engagement
- Leadership qualities of the proposed Young Leader
- Capacity of host organization
Application of Youth Hub Seed Grant
Completed proposals must include:
- A completed application form
- A concept note (maximum two pages) detailing the overall goal of the project, activities, budget, timelines and deliverables that the funding would support
- Completed budget template
- A curriculum vitae
- A letter of support from the host organization
Email completed applications to [email protected] with the subject line, Youth Hub Grant Programme_LAST NAME, by Monday, 21 November 2022, 23:59 CET.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.