Applications for the IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge 2023 are now open. The Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) invite youth-led non-for-profit organizations to propose new and innovative green ideas and solutions that support training processes for young people living in post-crisis situations.
To assist young people in further translating their activism, commitment and creativity into action, the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) have designed the “IsDB-ILO Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call”, with the overarching goal of promoting youth participation and skills for green jobs for a just transition.
Last year, the Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) and the International Labour Organization (ILO) designed the IsDB-ILO Youth Green Skills Accelerator Challenge Call to recognize, promote and assist young people in further translating their activism, commitment, and creativity into action regarding the climate change action and the shift to a green economy.
Benefits from Green Skills Accelerator Challenge
- Financial Support: The top three ideas will be awarded $50,000, $30,000 and $20,000 respectively, to implement the proposed solution.
- Global Visibility: The winning proposals will receive support to raise awareness of their ideas and solutions, including an invitation to attend COP, where they will present their projects; press articles in the media, videos, among others.
- Technical Support through an Online innovation Lab: Through bootcamps and remote mentoring, the winning proposals will receive technical support to turn, refine, develop, and pilot their ideas. The duration of the lab is between three and six months, depending on the stage of development of the solution.
- Access to a network of Skills innovators: The winners and shortlisted entries will join the ILO skills Innovation Network. They will be updated on the latest advances in innovation and skills development and get access to tools, resources and knowledge-sharing events that they can use to build new ideas and solutions.
Eligibility for Green Skills Accelerator Challenge
The applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Legally registered not-for-profit organizations – these can include government agencies, employers’ and workers’ organizations, cooperatives, education, and training institutions (including public TVET institutions, schools, training providers, and universities), NGOs and civil society organizations, and other educational and research institutions.
- The applicant must be registered in an IsDB-ILO common member state or in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- The applicant will be required to submit proof of their legal registration.
- The applicant must have contractual capacity and have been in existence for at least two calendar years before the deadline of the submission for applications.
- The applicant must provide a detailed budget and indicate a contribution from the proposing organization corresponding to at least 10 percent of the value of the proposal, which can be represented by in-kind or staff costs.
- The solution answers one or more of the questions of the challenge listed under the “target scope” (see section 3 of the Participants Guidelines).
- All submissions must be made in English or Arabic.
Application of Green Skills Accelerator Challenge
The application process comprises two rounds:
First Application Round
- Firstly, Review the eligibility criteria for participation in the challenge call, selection criteria for assessments, and the Terms and Conditions applicable to ILO Implementation Agreements specified in these Participants’ Guidelines.
- Fill in the Application Form in English or Arabic and submit it by 28 July 2023 (midnight Geneva time). Before preparing the Application Form, take a look at the list of Application Questions in English or Arabic. They recommend preparing your application information and answers first using this list, as the online application form does not allow saving an application before submission. Also, prepare a budget estimate using the Budget Template in English or Arabic and submit it on the Application Form.
Applications can be submitted in English or Arabic. Only the applications selected for the second application round will be contacted. No fee is required to participate in the challenge call. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Second Application round
If your application is among the top 10 applications submitted, the applicant will be requested to submit an extended project proposal and will be invited to pitch their project proposal at a final online pitch event.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.