Interested in applying to be a LEAP Fellow to accelerate education solutions? Apply now for the Jacobs Foundation/MIT Solve LEAP Challenge 2022. LEAP Fellows are education researchers and social entrepreneurs looking to support education organizations and advance evidence-based education solutions across the world.
Fellows are staffed on a project with 1-3 other LEAP Research or Social Entrepreneur Fellows and work part-time (6-16 hours per week for 12 weeks) to address the project host’s challenge. Fellows use their shared expertise to create strategic assets for the organization such as product roadmaps, strategic plans, or research frameworks and agendas.
When not staffed on a project, until the Fellowship period comes to a close in June 2023, Fellows gets invitation to participate in virtual network engagement opportunities with the LEAP network in order to share their expertise, reflect on the LEAP experience, and learn from the wider cohort of education and impact experts.
Benefits from MIT Solve LEAP Challenge
Selected LEAP Fellows will attend a three-day LEAPathon event where they will meet with newly-selected project host organizations, participate in mentorship and design thinking sessions, and be matched with a team of Fellows and a host organization. The 12-week project sprints will kick off in two waves: one wave will begin in October 2022 and another will begin in February 2023.
As a LEAP Fellow, you will have the opportunity to:
- Apply your field of study to high-impact social challenges and help strengthen evidence-based education solutions across the world;
- Network and collaborate with other LEAP Fellows, industry professionals, impact partners and leading development organizations;
- Increase your professional visibility by working on critical, timely projects with leading education innovators and enhance your CV;
- Supplement your income with interesting, meaningful projects and participate on a schedule that is flexible to you.
Eligibility for MIT Solve LEAP Challenge
They are seeking two distinct profiles for the LEAP Fellowship:
- Researchers: LEAP Research Fellows should have completed their PhD and have expertise in the learning and development field and have at least one year of post-degree experience as an active researcher in a related area.
- Social Entrepreneurs: LEAP Social Entrepreneur Fellows should have completed their Masters/MBA in Social Entrepreneurship, Social Impact, Social Innovation or a related field, or have held a leadership role in an entrepreneurial venture (for example, as a founder or co-founder). Applicants should have at least 3 years of professional experience and a strong interest or experience in the general learning and development field.
Evaluation Criteria of MIT Solve LEAP Challenge
For applicants who meet the eligibility requirements, your application gets evaluation against the following criteria:
- Cross-sector collaboration: The applicant has a strong interest or experience in collaborating across sectors to create impact, one of LEAP’s core values.
- Advisory experience: The applicant has a strong interest or experience in advising organizations.
- Peer-to-peer learning: The applicant gets engaged with the wider LEAP cohort, learning from and sharing their knowledge with other LEAP Fellows, the Jacobs Foundation, MIT Solve, and the cohort of project hosts when appropriate throughout the Fellowship year.
- Motivation: The applicant has a clear idea of how participating in LEAP will benefit their professional and/or personal trajectory at this particular moment in time.
Click here to apply
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.