Applications for the Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (ORD) 2022 are now open. This award programme identifies and funds outstanding research proposals in low- or middle-income countries with high potential for excellence in research and clear policy implications for addressing development issues.
The Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development is a competitive research grant programme under the umbrella of the Global Development Awards Competition (GDAC), administered by Global Development Network (GDN), funded under the Policy and Human Resources Development Fund (PHRD) trust fund managed by the World Bank, and generously supported by the Ministry of Finance, Government of Japan.
Japanese Award for Research
- The first prize winner will receive a grant of US$ 30,000.
- The second prize and third prize winners will receive a grant of US$ 20,000 and US$ 10,000 respectively.
- The funds will be used to support the research work proposed by the winners towards the completion of their research. Additionally, awardees will be paired with world-class academic in their area of work who will play the role of a Scientific and Technical Advisor.
Eligibility for Japanese Award for Research
- The upper age limit for all applicants is 45 years by the end of 2022. Individuals above 45 years of age as of January 1, 2023 are not eligible to apply.
- The proposal should not be receiving or scheduled to receive funds from other sources to be eligible for consideration for the ORD unless it is clearly explained how the additional funds provided by the ORD would reinforce the existing funds for successful completion of the research.
- Staff members of multilateral and bilateral organisations (The World Bank, IMF, IADB, UN agencies, UKaid, etc.) are not eligible to apply.
- GDN strongly encourages female researchers to engage and apply.
Application of Japanese Award for Research
Finalists will be invited to join a communications training in preparation of a pitch of their project. In front of a high-level Jury, which will decide which research proposal to award. At a physical event in March/April 2023 (details to be defined) and projects are expected to start in May 2023. In case social distancing policies do not make travelling possible, the event will be held in a virtual setting.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.