Applications are open for the Jonathan B Postel Service Award 2022. The Award is presented annually to an individual or organization that has made outstanding and sustained contributions in service to the Internet community.
The award is named after Dr. Jonathan B Postel to recognize and commemorate the extraordinary stewardship he exercised throughout a 30-year career in networking. If there was anyone who truly embodied the spirit of the Internet as a resource to enrich people’s lives, and worked selfishly to make the Internet a place of possibility and opportunity, it was Jonathan Postel.
B Postel Service Award
- The chosen candidate will be presented with a US$20,000 honorarium and the signature crystal engraved globe at a virtual global conference with Internet technical leaders later this year.
Eligibility for B Postel Service Award
- The award focuses on sustained and substantial technical contributions, service to the community, and leadership. Concerning leadership, the nominating committee places particular emphasis on candidates who have supported and enabled others in their work.
- The nominator must include specific acts, works, contributions, and other criteria that exemplify how the nominee has been in service of the Internet and its communities along with two references to support the nomination.
Selection Criteria of B Postel Service Award
- The candidate has developed new technologies that have extended the Internet’s functionality or scope.
- Contributions include: developing new protocols, devices, techniques, technical processes, or tools that lead to the growth, usefulness, or strength of the Internet.
- The candidate has substantially contributed to strengthening, growing, and protecting the Internet. The impact of their work has made the Internet more available and accessible in their region or beyond.
The candidate has brought a community together, formed a group, or motivated an existing organization to:
- Contribute innovations and advance the Internet.
- Grow and strengthen the Internet.
Service to the Community
- The candidate volunteers their time to educate others about the Internet.
- They enable others to contribute to the development of the Internet.
- They continue to selflessly devote their time to the evolution and adoption of the Internet.
Nomination for B Postel Service Award
Nominators must complete all sections as fully as possible. Your completed form is the primary tool to determine the merits of your nominee. Nominations will close on 13 May 2022, 23:59 UTC.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.