Applications are open for the King Hamad Award for Youth Empowerment to Achieve the SDGs 2022. The award recognizes young people’s endeavour to be effective and productive citizens, contributing to the welfare of their communities and environment, as well as institutions that improve the enabling environment and infrastructure for youth to make an impact.
First of its kind, this global award comes as an expression of the firm faith of His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa, King of Bahrain, in young people’s potential to lead their communities, countries and the world towards a better shared future of peace and prosperity for all people on a healthy and sustainable planet, as envisioned by the world’s most ambitious plan to transform our world – The 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
- Category I: Recognising youth contribution to achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Category II: Recognising enablers of youth participation, action and impact for SDGs achievement
King Hamad Award
- The King Hamad Award for Youth Empowerment to achieve the SDGs amounts to $20,000 in the youth action category and $25,000 in the Youth Enablers category. The Award will be disbursed in full as a one-time grant after the awarding ceremony.
- All winners of the King Hamad Award will be invited to attend the awards presentation that will take place in the Kingdom of Bahrain. Flights and accommodation to participate in the awards presentation will be covered by Ministry of Youth and Sports for each of the 8 winners.
Eligibility for King Hamad Award
Category I: Recognising youth contribution to achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals
- Open to applicants from all UN member states.
- Applicants can be individual youth above the age of 15 years and below the age of 35 years; a youth-led entity (defined as any entity, in which at least 50% of current management/leadership is below age of 35); or a youth-focused entity (defined as any entity, in which at least 90% of resources serve youth above 15 and below 35 years of age).
Category II: Recognising enablers of youth participation, action and impact for SDGs achievement
- Open to entities that that are legally recognized and registered in a UN member state, in one of the following four sectors:
- Firstly, the governmental and public sector;
- Secondly, the private sector;
- Thirdly, NGOs, Professional and Labour Organizations and Foundations; and
- the media.
Application of King Hamad Award
Submission deadline for the Award is July 1, 2022 at midnight, Bahrain time. All winners will be informed of their selection by October 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.