Applications are open for the MEDEA Award 2023. For more than 12 years, the MEDEA Awards has been encouraging innovation and good practice in the use of media (audio, video, graphics and animation) in education.
These annual awards recognise and promote excellence in the production and pedagogical design of media-rich learning resources and bring to the forefront those producers, designers and teaching staff who provide such inspiration to the entire educational community, particularly in Europe.
- The MEDEA Award for Best Educational Media entry: This award will be awarded to the best educational media, resource, tool or service produced in all sectors and at all levels of education and training.
- The Special MEDEA Jury Prize: The judges may, at their discretion, present a special award to an approach or production in recognition of exceptional innovation in pedagogic or technical design.
Eligibility for MEDEA Award
- Any multimedia material, programme, production, resource, software, tool or service. That has been created for use in formal or informal higher and continuing education and/or training can be submitted.
- There is no restriction regarding the target group(s) for these materials which includes learners, teachers, employees, citizens and trainees at all ages but limited to higher and continuing education. Content can include all possible subject matters.
- There is no restriction regarding the language(s) of the educational media submitted.
- The multimedia production must have been created after January 1, 2020. Of course, the entry may include or consist of older material.
- There is no restriction on the geographical origin, location of use or subject coverage of the submitted materials.
- Media materials that are physically submitted on, for example, CD-rom/DVD as well as any accompanying print manuals, should be submitted in 4 copies and will not be returned to the sender after the competition.
- Participants are allowed to submit up to 12 entries.
Judging Criteria for MEDEA Award
The judges who evaluate entries to the MEDEA Awards recognise the primary role of effective and innovative educational design in the use of media with learners. This means that they will be looking first and foremost for materials and approaches that demonstrate original and successful use of media with learners to achieve clearly defined educational goals, methods and outcomes.
The quality of the materials themselves is important as the judges will consider the following criteria, appropriate to the learning context:
- Pedagogical quality: quality of didactics and of communication. Has the target audience been addressed properly? Is there a clear learning objective? Is it likely that the material will result in good learning? Have the producers used principles of good instructional design or sound pedagogical approaches? Has the context of learning been taken into account? Is there a balance between content and form? In recognition of the importance of pedagogical quality, marks for this criterion have a double weight in the final score for each entry.
- Use of media: the choice and selection of the type of media, the advantages of the media selected. Is the type of media chosen used appropriately and in an exemplary fashion? Is the creative quality high?
- Aesthetic quality: attractiveness of materials. Is the style and design consistent and appropriate for the content, the objectives and the target users? Is the entry appealing and pleasing to look at and to use?
- Usability and Technical quality: are there possible flaws in the system and/or compatibility issues? Is it necessary to have unrealistic or advanced technical knowledge or resources to be able to use the system? Is it easy to use the application? Is there support, a tutorial, a set of guidelines, the possibility of feedback or help when necessary?
Application of MEDEA Award
Entries need to be submitted online before the closing date, March 17, 2023 (midnight). After the online submission of your entry. A signed copy of the submission form has to be sent to the MEDEA Awards Secretariat via post, e-mail or fax to arrive before the closing date.
All shortlisted finalists will be notified in May 2023 and will be invited to take part in the Awards Ceremony taking place during the 10th Media and Learning Conference 7-8 June 2023, in Leuven, Belgium where the final winners will be announced.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.