Applications are invited for the MIT Solve Global Challenges 2022 – The Care Economy. The Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) Solve community is looking for eight technology-based solutions that help care workers pursue safe. And secure work, and make care for young children, the elderly, and people with disabilities accessible and affordable in all contexts.
To that end, Solve seeks solutions that:
- Improve access to training and certifications, portable benefits, and labor organizations for care workers.
- Ensure decent working conditions and basic rights for care workers, particularly migrant or domestic workers whose labor may be exploited.
- Enable new models for childcare or eldercare that improve affordability, convenience, and community trust.
- Establish care work as a broadly respected profession, including reducing stereotypes around gender roles.
Special Call: Black & Brown Innovators program
Black and Latinx people, particularly women, account for the majority of the US care workforce facing inequalities in the system. Communities of color in the US also often have less access to affordable formal care for their own loved ones. As part of Solve’s ongoing work on US racial equity, they will select 1-2 solutions from the US working to address these disparities for ther Black & Brown Innovators Program.
Prizes from MIT Solve Global Challenges
- MIT Solve – Solver Award: All solutions selected for Solve’s Global Challenges and the Indigenous Communities Fellowship will receive a $10,000 grant funded by Solve.
- The GSR Prize: GSR will award a prize to solutions that use innovative technology and, in particular, blockchain solutions to address pressing issues in their communities and the world. As a leading cryptocurrency trading firm, GSR seeks to advance education, promote equality of opportunity, and contribute to a sustainable world, emphasizing blockchain and innovative technology-powered solutions. Up to $200,000 will be awarded across solutions from the 2022 Global Challenges.
- The Living Proof Prize: Women’s Leadership Solutions: The Living Proof Prize is open to women-led teams that are using innovative approaches to solve challenges across economic prosperity, health, learning, and sustainability. The prize is funded by Living Proof, a haircare company at the crossroads of innovation and real-world results that is committed to social impact. Up to $100,000 will be granted across up to four teams from the 2022 Global Challenges.
- The Innovation for Women Prize: The Innovation for Women Prize awards solutions that use innovative technology to empower and enrich the lives of women and girls. This prize of $75,000 is awarded to up to three Solvers to support advocacy. And gender work for women in and through technology in order to elevate women’s voices and create positive. And sustainable change within their communities around the world.
- The Andan Prize: The Andan Prize for Innovation in Refugee Inclusion is open to solutions that advance the economic, financial, and political inclusion of refugees. The prize is funded by Andan Foundation, a Swiss non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting solutions. Up to $1000000 will be granted across up to four teams from the 2022 Global Challenges.
Eligibility for MIT Solve Global Challenges
- Firstly, Open to anyone, anywhere in the world;
- Secondly, Applicant should have a solution to the problem in consideration.
Application of MIT Solve Global Challenges
The application deadline for the MIT Solve Global Challenges 2022 – The Care Economy is March 31. No application will be received after the deadline.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.