Applications are invited for the One Young World/bp Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7. bp is proud to support the Lead 2030 Challenge for SDG 7 which aims to ‘ensure access to affordable, reliable, sustainable and modern energy for all’ while the world’s demand for energy continues to increase.
bp’s purpose is to reimagine energy for people and planet – we want to help the world reach net zero and improve people’s lives. And as part of our ambition to become a net zero company by 2050 or sooner and help the world get to net zero, we are on track to develop 50GW of renewable generating capacity by 2030 and we are exploring ways to make clean energy accessible to those who need it most.
This Lead 2030 Challenge aims to find and support innovative renewable energy solutions with the potential of substantially increasing the share of renewable energy in the global energy mix – welcoming solutions from young innovators that:
- Firstly, Are working to improve current renewable technologies such as solar, wind, and biofuels
- Secondly, Are exploring new technologies to produce the renewable energy sources of the future
- Are increasing access to and the affordability of renewable energy for all developing countries, in particular the least developed countries.
Prizes from bp Lead 2030 Challenge
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Manchester from 5 to 8 September
- A US$50,000 grant from bp
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of bp professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Eligibility for bp Lead 2030 Challenge
- Solution must evidently aligned with the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 7 supported by bp.
- Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.