Applications are open for the One Young World/AstraZeneca Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 3. For this Challenge, they are seeking innovative, youth-led projects which tackle the causes of air pollution and focus on the long-term health of young people.
They are looking for:
- Projects which focus on individual behaviour change, new technologies, or multi-stakeholder advocacy approaches to change laws/policies.
- Sustainable solutions which can be scaled up to be implemented in other communities.
- Projects should focus on cities or communities with high levels of air pollution or pollution-related illness. A preference will be given to projects which operate in a low- or lower-middle- income country or setting.
- Projects should be youth-led, where young people (30 and under) are involved in the design or delivery of the initiative, and where the long-term health of young people is at the heart of the solution.
- Projects should also focus equally on tackling air pollution (indoor or outdoor) and its link to long-term health.
- Projects with a focus on the health of women and girls are preferred.
Prize of One Young World Lead2030
The winning solution will receive:
- A US$50,000 grant from AstraZeneca Young Health Programme.
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of AstraZeneca Young Health Programme professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organisation, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
- Participation in the One Young World Summit 2023 in Belfast. Flights and accomodation included.
- The opportunity to join AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme (YHP) Alumni Group. The YHP Alumni Group offers learning and development opportunities and networking between Grantees as well as young leaders who have received YHP Scholarships. In the past, Alumni Members have been offered mini-MBA programmes, opportunities to share their work with global audiences, and masterclasses on fundraising and digital skills to build effective health-promotion programmes.
- Visibility and promotion by AstraZeneca’s Young Health Programme and the One Young World team.
Eligibility for One Young World Lead2030
- Solution must be evidently aligned with the challenge.
- Founded and led by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Well-structured time horizon, identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries, and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Product/service already in market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, creating legislative change or measuring behaviour change.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size and/or being transported to other regions.
- A preference will be given to projects which operate in a low- or lower-middle- income country or setting. Projects should also focus on cities or communities with high levels of air pollution or pollution-related illness.
Application of One Young World Lead2030
Click here to apply
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.