Applications are open for the PINat15 Essay/Debate Competition 2022. This year, Paradigm Initiative is celebrating its 15 anniversary in a dual event that will bring together Partners, Friends of PIN, Alumni, Volunteers, PIN Team members, and inclusion stakeholders. These events are [email protected] in Lagos, Nigeria, on July 23, 2022, to commemorate PIN’s milestone, and The PIN Festival (PINFest) in Harare, Zimbabwe, on October 10 – 14, 2022.
As part of activities to commemorate this day. Paradigm Initiative is organising an Essay/Debate Competition for young and outstanding African youth between 18-20 years with passion and drive for digital rights and inclusion in the continent who want to make their voices heard.
- Argumentative Essay: Share an essay of not more than 1500 words on the topic: Are the Social and cultural norms in Africa impeding the realization of digital rights and inclusion?
- In the essay, take a stand for either FOR or AGAINST.
- A total of 8 candidates will be selected and divided into two groups of 4 each (FOR and AGAINST) to prepare for the virtual debate via zoom on Thursday, July 20, 2022.
- Debate winners will be announced during PIN Anniversary Dinner on Saturday, July 23, 2022.
- 4 outstanding candidates will be selected, two from each team, to compete at the grand finale.
Benefits for PINat15 Essay/Debate Competition
- The debate finalists will win an all-expenses paid trip to Zimbabwe and a laptop set at the PIN Festival slated on October 10 – 14.
Eligibility for PINat15 Essay/Debate Competition
- Firstly, Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25;
- The competition is open to only Africans who currently reside in Africa;
- The essay should not be more than 1500 words.
Application of PINat15 Essay/Debate Competition
Click here to apply
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.