Applications are open for the Singapore Sea Level Rise Design Competition 2022/2023. The goal of this competition is to raise awareness around sea level rise and design innovative solutions for Singapore. Furthermore, they anticipate this competition will create greater recognition of the role of nature-based solutions for sea level rise adaptation.
In February 2023, four winners will be announced. The selected winners will receive a financial prize, as well as a feature in an opinion editorial publication, which will be published via Water Science Policy and the Institute for Environment and Sustainability (IES) websites. All other submissions will be considered for publication.
Prizes from Sea Level Rise Design Competition
- 1st place: $1,000 + published via WSP and IES website
- 4 Honorable Mention Prizes: $250 + published via WSP and IES website
Eligibility for Sea Level Rise Design Competition
- Open to students and young professionals.
- Be between the ages of 18 and 35.
Terms and Conditions
- The challenge is to design a multifunctional sea level rise protection design at any Singapore coastline location.
- Submissions may be submitted by an individual or an organization. They must be the original work of the participant or organization. No more than one (1) prize will be awarded per participant.
- Submitted designs must not plagiarize or violate any intellectual property rights.
- As a participant you acknowledge and agree that your entry may be promoted by the organizers on their website(s) and/or in various media (including via paper, data and digital media) at the organizer’s discretion.
- Judges will agree to a statement of no conflict of interest.
- Judges’ scores will not be shared with participants at any time. The entry receiving the highest aggregate scores will win the first place prize. Honorable mention prizes will be given to the next 4 highest scores.
- The winners will be required to provide their first and last name, mailing address, phone number and bank account or WISE information to the Organizer within 72 hours of notification.
- The winner(s) may also be required to provide or complete relevant tax forms or information, including a W9 for U.S. residents. Potential winner(s) will be disqualified if (1) the potential winner cannot be contacted/does not respond within 48 hours after two (2) attempts to notify the potential winner; (2) the potential winner is found not to fulfill the eligibility requirements; (3) the potential winner is found not to have adhered to the official rules.
Judging Criteria for Sea Level Rise Design Competition
- Impact: Will this solution have a far reach and potential to be adopted by other vulnerable coastlines?
- Innovation: Is the project idea new and disruptive?
- Challenge Fit and Feasibility: How relevant is the design to Singapore? Is the solution possible or just nice in theory?
Judging decisions are final and cannot be challenged.
Application of Sea Level Rise Design Competition
Submit the following by January 29, 2023 at [email protected] and [email protected]
- 1 – 3 images of one visualized future sea level rise adaptation design at a Singapore coastline location (submissions must follow the outlined rules)
- A short water story to describe the design and connect with the audience (about 300 to 500 words).
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.