Applications for the St Andrews Prize for the Environment 2023 are now open. The St Andrews Prize for the Environment is a major international initiative led by the University of St Andrews that recognises and supports innovative and inspirational responses to environmental challenges, including the climate crisis. It is overseen by the Master of the United College, Professor Ineke De Moortel FRAS FRSE.
Since 1998, the Prize has awarded more than $2 million in prize money across the world to individuals and organisations whose imaginative solutions are protecting the environment and promoting a more sustainable society. Now in its 25th year, the Prize aims to champion the people and ideas addressing the greatest challenge of our age.
St Andrews Prize
- The prize is $100,000 USD for the winner and the runner(s)-up will receive $25,000 USD.
Eligibility for St Andrews Prize
- Open to individuals and organisations (including community groups) who lead projects that protect the environment and/or contribute to its sustainable development.
- As a core aim of the Prize is to bring about substantial progress in solving environmental problems, they seek applications from projects where winning would lead to a step-change in the development and implementation of the idea.
- As a general rule, the University is unlikely to be able to make payments to countries under international sanctions, therefore they encourage projects based in such locations to consider carefully if this may impact them before applying.
For a project to be eligible it must:
- An established project with a proven track record of success
- Be related to sustainable development and/or biodiversity, and be aligned with the UN Goals for Sustainable Development
- Be replicable from one geographic area to another and ideally be scalable in size
- Have a clearly defined need for funding
- Have the ability to inspire others in the field
- Contribute to the global pursuit of sustainability in the short- to long-term
- Meet high ethical standards in respect of intellectual property, and in how it interacts with people, and with the environment
- Must be inclusive
Application of St Andrews Prize
To access the application form, you need to register for an account by providing your email address and setting a password. The application must be registered under the name of the lead applicant, who must be the person who will travel to St Andrews to present if the project is selected for the final.
You will then be emailed a link to verify your account. This link will remain active for 24 hours. Check your junk folder if this does not arrive within a few hours.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.