Applications are open for the Sudkulturfonds Grants 2022 for Artists in the Global South and East. The Sudkulturfonds has developed this grant to support 100 artists from eligible countries in the global south and east in the early stages of their careers.
The grant of CHF 1,000 recognises artistic achievement and brings awarded artists to the attention of cultural promoters and presenters in Switzerland, despite travel restrictions.
About the Call
The 100 Artists open call is a response to the pandemic-related travel restrictions. For artists from partner countries of the Sudkulturfonds, access to the cultural markets and professional networks in Switzerland and Europe has been largely cut off. In turn, many events and opportunities for Swiss cultural promoters and presenters to identify and meet emerging artists from across the globe have disappeared.
This call for entries is part of a longer-term strategy to initiate virtual relationships, build and support digital networks, and draw attention to the diverse artistic achievements in the global south and east despite limited mobility. The grant aims at strengthening the professional and financial livelihoods of eligible artists early in their professional journey and promote their presence within the Swiss cultural market.
- The amount of the 100 Artists grant is CHF 1,000. In addition, the recognition of the grant recipients will be promoted to our broad network of arts and cultural promoters and presenters, particularly in Switzerland.
Eligibility for Sudkulturfonds Grants
- Open to professional artists and art collectives across all art disciplines who are both from and based in one of the eligible countries in Africa, Latin America, Southeast and Southwest Asia and East Europe (Non-EU countries). Consult the DAC List of ODA Recipients to check if the country where you live, and work, is listed.
- The 100 Artists open call specifically supports artists and art collectives who are in the early stage of their careers with 2-10 years of professional experience.
- This grant was developed for artists and art collectives who have yet to be substantially recognised within their field, the media, funding circles or the public at large.
Required materials for Sudkulturfonds Grants
The following are required materials to be submitted:
- Firstly, Artist profile video
- Secondly, Video transcription in English
- Thirdly, Biography
- 1-2 work samples
- Completed application form
Application of Sudkulturfonds Grants
- Eligibility check: Before applying, please check the eligibility country list, it includes the names of all the countries from which artist applications are accepted.
- Register as a user: A valid email address is required to register as a Sudkulturfonds user. And receive your personal login. Register on this page to your right.
- Login: Use your login to access the online application form for 100 Artists.
- Complete online application form: The online application form provides the template to submit all information including the artist profile video. And supporting documents. Mandatory information is marked in the application form with an asterisk (). You can choose to view and submit the application form in English or French. Please select either French or English to view the application form – ignore German and Italian*. Each application is password-protected by the user’s login and can be accessed and edited later.
- Submit application: Submit your complete application by May 8, 2022 (23.59 UTC +2). Submissions are accepted only through this online application system. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your submission. Applicants are notified of the jury’s final decision within the first two weeks of July 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.