Applications are open for the Taipei Design Award (TDA) 2022. The Award invites designers from various fields and all parts of the world to participate. Taipei City Government organizes the Taipei Design Award in the ethos of “Design for Adaptive City”, as an on-going gesture to the world, particularly to those with a passion for creativeness and design, a gesture in projecting the urban branding imagery of “Design Taipei; Dream Taipei”.
This is an open call for outstanding international designs and an effort to shape Taipei into a convergence platform for creative designs, thereby to discover creative designs with business potential, and further still, to encourage practices of social design in an advocacy that design as a medium can bring humans a better, more pleasant and convenient life.
Categories of Taipei Design Award
Entries submitted in the following three (3) competition categories:
- Industrial Design — design works that can be mass-produced, including general and digital application, transportation tools, equipment and instruments, daily utilities and household goods, IT and home appliances, etc.
- Visual Communication Design — designs of digital graphic creations, identity, posters, packaging and printing.
- Public Space Design — Open space provided for public use, government buildings and private establishments that are partially provided for public use.
Prizes of Taipei Design Award
The total award amounts to NT$3,800,000. The award for each category is listed below:
- Taipei City Mayor Award (NTD600,000)
- Golden Award (NTD500,000)
- Silver Award (NTD200,000)
- Bronze Award (NTD150,000)
- ICoD Excellence Award (NTD30,000)
- IFI Special Award (NTD30,000)
- WDO Sustainability Award (NTD30,000)
- Advanced Application Award (NTD150,000)
- Circular Design Award (NTD150,000)
- Social Innovation Award (NTD150,000)
- Judges’ Special Award (NTD30,000)
- People’s Choice Award (NTD20,000)
Eligibility for Taipei Design Award
- Everyone around the world are welcomed to participate individually or as a group (each group is limited to five members) with one member as main correspondent.
- Entries must be original creations of the contestants completed after April 15, 2020.
Application of Taipei Design Award
- All entries registered online and obtain a serial number to complete registration.
- Upload design concept description (Max 500 words in Chinese, and Max 1,200 digital character in English. English as the main language supported by other languages when necessary).
- Upload the namAshoka/Taco Bell Foundation Ambition Accelerator 2022e of the work (English as the main language, supported by other languages when necessary).
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.