UNICEF Uganda has launched an Innovation Fund Challenge to deepen participatory practices in providing innovative solutions to national social policy challenges. The main objective of the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Fund challenge is to provide innovative avenues to enhance UNICEF’s ability to achieve the outcomes outlined in the country programme document as well as the achievement of the SDGs.
The initiative is open to:
- Founding teams of individuals that are above 18 years of age at the time of the application.
- Teams of at least 2 founding individuals.
- The founding team should be Ugandan Citizens or Non-Ugandan Citizens currently resident in Uganda.
- All team members must be fully proficient in written as well as spoken English.
- The initiative requires founder participation.
- Innovators who either have an idea or an already existing business, which has been operational for less than two years and has not raised more than UGX 185 million in either grant, convertible grants, venture capital or Private Equity at the time of submission.
- Only applications submitted through the UNICEF Uganda Innovation Challenge Fund web portal will be eligible for consideration.
- Also, employees of UNICEF are eligible to apply to the initiative
- In addition, the majority of your income is from commercial/sustainable activities to be eligible.
All valid applications are reviewed by Judges in their respective challenge areas, and the top-scoring Finalists proceed to pitch their solutions.
- Shortlist ideas that make it to the last twenty to pitch in front of a panel of the advisory panel
- Select ideas that will be shortlisted to the incubation program after a pitch event