Applications are open for the Vilcek-Gold Award for Humanism in Healthcare 2023. The Vilcek-Gold Award for Humanism in Healthcare was created jointly by The Arnold P. Gold Foundation and The Vilcek Foundation in 2019.
The Award aims to recognize a foreign-born individual who has had an extraordinary impact on humanism in healthcare through their professional achievements in the United States. This award marks the first humanism-in-healthcare-focused honor for the Vilcek Foundation and the first immigrant-designated humanism honor for the Gold Foundation.
- The 2023 award includes a commemorative heart-shaped trophy, an unrestricted cash award of $10,000, and an invitation to present at the Association of American Medical Colleges’ Learn Serve Lead annual meeting.
Eligibility for Vilcek-Gold Award
- Nominees must have been born outside of the United States and U.S. territories to non-American parents.
- Candidates must work professionally in healthcare, medicine, or public health, and their professional accomplishments should demonstrate their commitment to humanism and to making healthcare equitable and accessible.
- Nominees must be based in the United States and intend to continue in a career in medicine, healthcare, or public health in the United States. Eligible nominees must identify as one of the following:
- Naturalized citizen or permanent resident (green card holder) of the United States
- H-1B or O-1 visa holder
- E-4 visa holder with a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- Asylee or an asylum seeker with a valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD)
- Recipient of Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
Selection Criteria of Vilcek-Gold Award
- Nominee has made significant contributions to humanism (including compassion, collaboration, and scientific excellence) in healthcare nationally or regionally in the United States; and has created lasting change in the administration or experience of healthcare beyond their immediate workspace.
- Nominee has a strong voice and visibly advocates for humanism in healthcare.
- Nominee demonstrates respect, sensitivity, and appreciation for the social, cultural and economic backgrounds of people.
- Nominee practices the values of diversity, equity, inclusion and anti-racism in their work.
- Nominee remains extensively involved and currently active in their work.
Nomination for Vilcek-Gold Award
Nominators are encouraged to alert their nominee of their intention to nominate them for a Vilcek-Gold Award for Humanism in Healthcare.
To complete a nomination, nominators will be required to:
- Answer short questions about their nominee
- Submit a copy of their selected nominee’s CV or resume
- Write two essays regarding the candidate describing how their work aligns with the mission and values of the Vilcek-Gold Award for Humanism in Healthcare
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.