Applications are open for the One Young World Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 11. This Challenge aims to find and support solutions that make cities greener by pushing the boundaries of sustainable construction and urbanization.
The challenge welcomes solutions from young innovators that:
- Deploy innovative and sustainable building materials and solutions that are affordable and scalable to enable low-carbon, circular, carbon-neutral, and even carbon negative cities.
- Increase access to sustainable infrastructure, from green mobility to green energy.
- Promotes sustainable lifestyles connecting nature and cities.
- Drive circular economy approaches to enable more recycling.
Prize For Lead2030 Challenge: SDG 11
The winning solution will receive:
- Sponsorship to participate in the One Young World Summit 2022 in Tokyo from 16 to 19 May
- A US$50,000 grant from Holcim
- 12 months of mentorship from a team of Holcim professionals. The mentorship team will work to accelerate your solution based on the needs of your initiative or organization, such as:
- Business strategy
- Best practices for data collection
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Product design
Eligibility Required for Lead2030 Challenge: SDG 11
- Firstly, Solutions should be evidently aligned with the Lead2030 Challenge for SDG 11 supported by Holcim.
- Secondly, Founded by a person aged 18 – 30.
- Thirdly, a Well-structured time horizon identified key stakeholders and beneficiaries and proposed outcomes that are reasonable and well thought out.
- Additionally, the product/service is already in the market or ready to go to market.
- Solutions must have a positive social impact, for example generating employment, or developing skills.
- Impacts of solutions must have been adequately measured and/or be measurable.
- Must be able to achieve efficiency and to survive independently through the resources they generate and/or the investments and donations they attract.
- Potential to perform as well or better after expanding in scope or size.
You cannot save draft responses for this application so it is recommended that you draft your responses in an offline document while you work on your application.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.