Nominations are open for the Women in News Editorial Leadership Award 2022. The Women in News Editorial Leadership Award is a career achievement award that recognises an exemplary contribution of an Editor to her newsroom – and under her leadership the contribution of her newspaper – to society.
The Women will be awarded to three outstanding woman editors, representing Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia, who are first amongst their peers in inspiring and paving the way forward for the next generation of leaders.
Women In News (WIN) is WAN-IFRA’s media leadership programme, empowering media women throughout Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia.
Eligibility for News Editorial Leadership Award
- Firstly, Eligible nominees must hold a senior editorial role as of January 1, 2022.
- Secondly, News media (newspapers, magazines and digital-only) of all sizes from the sub-Saharan Africa, the Arab Region and Southeast Asia are encouraged to submit a nomination.
Selection Criteria for News Editorial Leadership Award
- Firstly, The Laureate will possess a proven track record of success within her newsroom.
- Secondly, Have demonstrated uncompromising editorial integrity throughout her career. And have a strong commitment to the principles of press freedom and its power to promote democracy and good governance.
- Thirdly, They have a demonstrated commitment to gender equality, mentoring. And lifting up their members of staff while building an organisational culture that embraces equality.
The deadline for nominations is May 20, 2022. Late nominations will not be considered.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.