Applications are now open for Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program 2022!
The Policy Center for the New South (PCNS) is organizing the 11th edition of the Atlantic Dialogues Conference, a high-level conference convening influential public and private sector leaders from around the Atlantic Basin for open, informal discussion on cross-regional issues.
The ADEL program is PCNS’s flagship young professionals program, held two days prior to the Atlantic Dialogues conference. Every year, this program brings together 30 to 50young leaders from around the Atlantic basin and Africa. In 2022, 30 young professionals will be selected to participate in the 2022 Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program.
- Emerging Leaders are required to attend the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program and Atlantic Dialogues conference. Therefore, participants should be able and willing to travel to Marrakesh, Morocco to attend the convening from December 11th to 16th 2022; departure is planned for December 17th.
- Emerging Leaders are required to take part in ALL of the conference and program activities and are willing to actively engage with the other participants;
- Emerging Leaders are committed to acting as ambassadors of the program and actively participating in the ADEL community following the end of the program;
- As active stewards of the program, Emerging Leaders are expected to collaborate with the Policy Center for the New South post-event to evaluate and refine the program for future cohorts.
- must be between the ages of 25 and 35 on May 13th, the day the applications for the program open.
- Applicants must be citizens of countries located in Africa, North America, South America, Central America, Europe, or the Caribbean – citizens of countries bordering the Atlantic Basin will be given priority.
- Also eligible are applicants who are citizens from other countries who have residency in countries of the regions listed above.
- Applicants must demonstrate proficiency in English in their personal statement and a short video.
- Applicants must guarantee their availability for the full duration of this six-day program, which will take place from December 11th to 16th, in Marrakesh, Morocco.
Interested applicants must submit an online application form. It should include the following:
- A copy of their resumes / CVs. Resumes should be no longer than 2 pages (.pdf format)
- A personal statement of no more than 250 words detailing their motivations for applying and their prospective contributions to and benefits from the Atlantic Dialogues Emerging Leaders Program. The personal statement should also detail the candidates’ expertise or field of work.
- The link to a one minute Youtube video addressing the following:
- Introduce yourself
- What drives you in the work that you do?
- What impact are you having? (in your organization, community…)
Moreover, you will have to upload/record a Youtube video that will only be visible to recipients of the link. Also, all documents submitted must be written in English.