Applications are open for the Council of Europe Youth Peace Camp 2023. The Youth Peace Camp engages young people and youth organisations from conflict affected regions in dialogue and peacebuilding activities based on human rights education and intercultural learning during and after the camp.
The objectives of the 2023 Youth Peace Camp are:
- To develop awareness and basic competences (knowledge, skills and attitude) of participants in human rights education, peacebuilding and intercultural learning to enable them to engage in dialogue and confidence-building initiatives with other young people affected by conflict;
- To support mutual learning from experiences of conflict and coping strategies;
- To foster relationship building as a foundation for peacebuilding and dialogue;
- To introduce and share existing youth work practices and experiences of young people working on dialogue and conflict transformation in their home communities
- To motivate and support participants in their role as multipliers and peer leaders in peacebuilding activities with young people encouraging them to implement follow-up initiatives;
- To strengthen the role of the Council of Europe, in particular through its Youth for Democracy programme, in peacebuilding and intercultural dialogue with young people and to support the approaches of the UN Security Council Resolution 2250 on Youth, Peace and Security and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Eligibility for Europe Youth Peace Camp
All participants must:
- be aged between 18 and 25 years (with possible exceptions up to 30 years old);
- be able to work in English;
- be available and fully committed to take part in the Youth Peace Camp;
- be curious, open-minded, appreciate diversity and ready to learn about each other’s realities;
- be motivated to learn and to apply the values and approaches of the Youth Peace Camp, notably human rights, democracy and peacebuilding;
- be motivated to implement youth initiatives for peacebuilding following the camp;
- possess a sense of responsibility for one’s own actions, a commitment to personal and community development and continue the engagement with other participants;
- preferably be involved in an organisation or network, institution, formal and/or informal group that is ready to support them throughout the project duration and afterwards when implementing youth initiatives for peace building.
Application of Europe Youth Peace Camp
The Camp will take place from July 4 – July 11, 2023 at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg, France. The application deadline is April 1, 2023.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.