FATE Foundation with support from Google.org has launched the Business Resilience Program (BRP) for Women Entrepreneurs for 2023. This programme is funded under the Google.org “SSA Women Entrepreneurship Programme’’ is part of a continent-wide programme running across Nigeria, Kenya and South Africa aimed at improving the digital and financial capability of female nano and micro business entrepreneurs between the ages of 18 and 55 years.
The programme will provide beneficiaries with required fundamental financial literacy and business management knowledge; digital literacy skills; growth support (including business registration, network, and community building); and micro-grant financing to underserved female-led businesses in Nigeria.
Specifically, the BRP will support female entrepreneurs with businesses at the nano and micro levels in two phases:
- Self-paced fully online 4-week programme
- Access to Business Plan Developer Tool
- Hybrid programme led by experienced financial and digital literacy for entrepreneurs experts
- Business Registration Support
- Micro Grant support
Eligibility for Phase II will be dependent on completion of all Modules and requirements from Phase I.
Curriculum Overview of Business Resilience Program
The curriculum will cover teaching female entrepreneurs in Nigeria the following:
- Financial Management
- Business Plan Development
- Digital Marketing
- Accessing Funding
- Business Networks
- Confidence Building
Benefits from Business Resilience Program
- Micro Grant financing to 200 participants
- Free Business Registration for 200 participants
- Free access to Foundation’s Business Plan Developer Tool
- Certificate of Completion
- Opportunity to be featured on FATE Foundation’s or the partners social media pages
Eligibility for Business Resilience Program
- Female entrepreneurs who run nano (less than 3 employees) and micro (between 4 to 9 employees) businesses in Nigeria.
- A minimum of secondary school completion qualification.
- Ability to understand and communicate in English.
- Access to the internet and a Smartphone device with the ability to use the device.
- Special consideration will be given to women who are breadwinners, widows, and single parents.
Application of Business Resilience Program
The application will be in three (3) stages, and you are required to complete all three stages to be eligible for further processing.
- Stage I: Interested applicants must complete the application form here.
- Stage II: You will be onboarded onto the e-learn platform to complete the 4weeks virtual digital and financial literacy training session. This session is open to beneficiaries across the nation.
- Stage III: Candidates with timely completion of modules and graded points will be shortlisted for a 10-minute phone/video interview after which 40 applicants will be shortlisted for each stream held in Lagos, Ogun, Edo, Kwara and Abia state.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.