The SWITCH-Asia Regional Policy Advocacy Component (RPAC) invites application for fully funded Leadership Conference on Circular Economy. The SWITCH-Asia RPAC program is a component of the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP). For the 2019 conference, UNEP in association with Tsinghua University is organizing the event.
The overall objective of the EU funded SWITCH-Asia program is to promote sustainable and inclusive growth, contribute to the economic prosperity and poverty reduction in Asia and Central Asia. It also aims to provide a transition towards a low-carbon, resource-efficient, and circular economy.
The objectives of the SWITCH-Asia Regional Leadership conference are to:
- Shift mindsets and inspire action towards a circular economy across young professionals in Asia.
- Increase knowledge and understanding of circular economy by future decision-makers.
- Enhance a network of junior professionals across Asia in the field of the circular economy.
- Showcase circular economy policies and best practices.
- The Leadership Conference will take place at Tsinghua University from 2-6 December 2019.
Fully Funded SWITCH-Asia Leadership Conference
The SWITCH-Asia Leadership Conference on Circular Economy is a fully funded program by the EU. Hence, the program covers the travel expenses (economy airfare), accommodation and conference registration cost of all candidates.
Eligibility Criteria for the SWITCH-Asia Leadership Conference
Candidates meeting the following criteria could apply to participate in the fully funded SWITCH-Asia Leadership Conference for Circular Economy program:
- Citizen or national of one of the following countries
- Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Afghanistan; Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka;
- Further, the candidates must be one of the following:
- Junior Government professionals;
- Private sector professionals in Junior Level;
- Junior professionals from the civil society sector;
- Likewise, the candidates must be already working on a topic related to Circular Economy.
- Candidates must also have completed as a minimum a first university degree in environment, development, engineering, policy, economics or relevant discipline.
- Moreover, the candidates with a postgraduate degree and/or professional training relevant to sustainable development are preferable.
How to apply for the SWITCH-Asia Leadership Conference
Eligible candidates can apply for the fully funded SWITCH-Asia Leadership for Circular Economy conference by completing and submitting the online application form. Along with the application form, the candidates must also submit:
- An application letter explaining the circular economy topic they are currently working on and how they plan to apply the knowledge of this Academy to this work (1-3 pages)
- Likewise, a brief CV (one page)
- Also, a copy of degrees obtained
Candidates can apply for the fully funded SWITCH-Asia Leadership for Circular Economy Conference until 13 October 2019. Applications arriving after the deadline are ineligible for the conference.