Applications for the Gabo Foundation/Google News Initiative Workshop 2023 are now open. The Gabo Foundation, with support from the Google News Initiative, convenes the workshop ‘Navigating change: leadership and management of digital native media, directed by Gumersindo Lafuente. The activity will be held in person in Buenos Aires (Argentina), from Tuesday, September 5 to Friday, September 8, 2023, as part of the Red Anttena project, focused on strengthening the skills of people responsible for digital native media in Latin America.
Leading a digital native media means ‘navigating a sea’ of changes and uncertainties, which includes learning, failures and, in many cases, loneliness. From this context, this workshop focuses on the training and accompaniment of those responsible for journalistic teams of digital native media in Latin America, together with whom various topics and approaches that are revolutionizing the field of journalism will be explored.
Benefits from Google News Initiative Workshop
Selected participants will receive:
- A quota to participate in the face-to-face workshop. Thanks to the alliance with Google News Initiative, this workshop has the following support:
- Accommodation for 5 nights for people living outside Buenos Aires (Argentina)
- Round trip air tickets
- Food according to the workshop agenda
- International medical insurance
- Mentoring for two months, after the workshop, for the development of projects for their media.
Eligibility for Google News Initiative Workshop
- Open to people responsible for journalistic teams of informative and independent digital native media, who are based in Latin America and develop their work on any digital platform.
- Applications from people linked to media that have between 1 and 10 years of operation, and who are interested in enhancing or refining their growth and consolidation strategies at the editorial level, will be preferentially valued.
For the selection of participants, the following criteria will be taken into account:
- Specific experience of the applicant in the leadership of journalistic teams.
- Verifiable experience of the digital native media in the exercise of informative, independent and quality journalism.
- Relevance and viability of the development project planned to be applied in the environment.
Application of Google News Initiative Workshop
If you are interested in applying to this workshop, you must fill out the respective registration form before Thursday, July 13, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. (Colombia time).
In addition, you must attach the following:
- An autobiography of maximum 500 words, with emphasis on your professional experience and in particular on the leadership of journalistic teams. You should also mention what motivates you to attend this workshop. Keep in mind that resumes, conventional curricula or generic texts will not be evaluated.
- A text of maximum 400 words, in which you make a presentation of the digital native medium. To which you are linked.
- A text of up to 600 words in which you describe a project in progress. Or to be developed in your digital native medium, which is aimed at its empowerment or consolidation at the editorial level.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.