Applications are open for the ICWEA Leadership and Mentorship Program 2022. The International Community of Women living with HIV Eastern Africa (ICWEA) is seeking for applications from young women living with HIV in all their diversity from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Rwanda.
In each Country, 17 participants will be selected to attend the Capacity Building & Mentorship program with a focus on Leadership, Human Rights, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR) and Transformative Leadership. The program is purposed to create 75 young leaders who are visionary, inspiring and can motivate others to build stronger women/feminist movements beyond boarders and scale up their best practices.
Eligibility Required for ICWEA Leadership and Mentorship
- Firstly, Open to young women living with HIV between the ages 18 to 30 years.
- Young women living with HIV who belong to any of the following diversities: sex workers, transgender women, lesbian women, women with disabilities.
- Young women leaders from civil society and networks of women and young women living with HIV who are emerging and committed in the HIV response. for SRHR, GBV at local National, Regional and Global levels.
- Willingness, commitment and availability to volunteer during and beyond the project implementation period (December, 2023).
- Willingness and ability to advocate and engage with duty and policy bearers on key decision making tables.
- Ability and experience in mobilizing and recruiting a critical mass of women to build a strong grassroots women movement.
- Should be able to uphold human rights principles, non-discriminative and inclusive in approach to development.
- Lastly, Ability to adapt and work with and accommodate people from various backgrounds (multi-cultural, multi-lingual and multi-disciplinary).
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, both written and verbal and at least able to communicate and write in English only.
- Young women emerging leaders who demonstrate excellence, creativity and initiative.
- Passionate about or having basic skills in activism.
- Able to have basic computer or information technology (IT) skills particularly Word, email and access to internet.
Application Details of ICWEA Leadership and Mentorship
Candidates can send:
- A Motivational letter detailing the above attributes
- Recommendation letter from the ICW Country Chapter
To [email protected] copying Dorothy Namutamba ([email protected]) not later than February 4, 2022. Email subject should be: Application for Leadership and Mentorship Programme at ICWEA.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.