MIASA Writing Workshop on Governance, Democracy and Green Energy on 22-26 April 2024 at the University of Ghana.
The Merian Institute for Advanced Studies in Africa (MIASA) seeks to provide Africa-based early career researchers working on the themes of governance, democracy and green energy on the continent with the space and intellectual community to transform a draft paper into a publishable journal piece.
The 5-day writing workshop is designed to provide early career scholars with the opportunity to contribute to knowledge production in one of the three fields of research focus for this workshop: governance, democracy and green energy.
Check: Mountain Photo Essay Competition 2024
The Objectives of workshop are:
- To strengthen the academic writing skills of African early career scholars, with particular attention to female scholars,
- To enhance the success rate of early career African scholars’ submissions to high quality journals,
- To build a network of Africa-based scholars working on the themes of governance, democracy and green energy.
Funding for MIASA
- Successful applicants will be provided with funding to cover travel expenses to Ghana from Sub-Saharan Africa along with accommodation and subsistence costs for the duration of the workshop.
Also Check: 10th Global Entrepreneurship Bootcamp 2024 in California, USA
Applications are welcomed from early career researchers who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A doctorate which was awarded within 5 years of the application deadline, i.e. doctoral certificate awarded after January 2019 to date,
- Employed at a recognised university or research institute in Sub-Saharan Africa,
- Fluency in written and spoken English (there will be no translation services provided).
You should check out: EcoSciGen Climate Research Workshop 2024
Selection Criteria of MIASA
Applications will be assessed and selected through a strictly merit-based procedure. The main selection criteria are:
- A PhD certificate granted between January 2019 and January 2024,
- Employment at a university or research institute on the African continent,
- Excellence, relevance and originality of the draft research paper,
- Fit of the research with the themes of governance, democracy and green energy.
It might catch your attention to investigate: International Youth Conference in USA
The application should include the following:
- A motivation letter (1-page maximum) outlining reasons for wishing to attend the writing workshop and the benefits to be gained,
- A draft research paper (5,000-8,000 words in English) that contains original data and preliminary data analysis in the areas of governance, democracy and green energy, and which is aimed at journal submission,
- An abstract of the paper (max. 500 words),
- A full CV,
- A PhD award certificate,
- Motivation Letter/Research Paper/Abstract of Paper/ Full CV/PhD Award Certificate should be sent in pdf format to email: [email protected]