Applications are open for the Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya 2022. The Standard Chartered Women in Technology Incubator Kenya is Africa’s leading incubator program for female founded businesses, aligning with calls for more diversity in technology, entrepreneurship and for more opportunities for women to develop entrepreneurial and leadership excellence.
The program combines world class startup support with local and international experience to provide a holistic startup incubation program focusing on immersive learning, mentorship & coaching, seed financing and business to business linkages for high potential startups tackling the continent’s most relevant challenges.
Thematic Areas of Women in Technology Incubator
Companies solving for any of the 17 SDGs with operations within, but not limited to the following sectors are eligible to apply for the program;
- Information Technology
- Financial Services
Benefits from Women in Technology Incubator
- 12 weeks of an immersive learning experience
- Access to a leading network of coaching experts
- Access to B2B networking opportunities
- Personalized mentorship sessions to address your unique business needs
- Opportunity to join a supportive Women in Tech Alumni Network
- KES 1,000,000 equity-free grant seed funding for the top five finalists
- 9 months ongoing support from Standard Chartered and @iBizAfrica to assist with the go-to market and scale for the top five finalists
Eligibility for Women in Technology Incubator
- The business must be based in Kenya i.e. be aligned with the needs of Kenyans and operating in Kenya;
- The company must be a tech-enabled and/or leveraging on emerging technologies, including but not limited to; Internet of Things (IoT); Artificial Intelligence; Robotics; Augmented & Virtual Reality; 3D & 4D Printing; Cloud Computing; Big Data; Blockchain; Drone Technology and Biometrics;
- The company must be founded or cofounded by a woman with an equal or majority stake;
- The founder or co founder must be over 18 years old and Kenyan;
- Business models must have a clear focus on sustainability and alignment to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs);
- 3 months to less than 2 years of operations;
- Seeking support for proof of concept, customer, product and business model development;
- Pre-revenue with early traction (users);
- Post revenue is an added advantage, with the creation of a new business module.
Application of Women in Technology Incubator
Click here to apply
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.