The School of Biology of the Faculty of Biology and Medicine at UNIL proposes this Summer Undergraduate Research (SUR) Program. The European summer school is open to international students from all over the world. Undergraduate students who have already completed two years of their bachelor’s degree are eligible for this 2024 SUR Program in Switzerland. The international undergraduate summer program is full of extensive research opportunities in biology, medicine or a related discipline with a strong focus on biological sciences. The Biology Undergraduate Summer School is a chance to perform high-quality research in one of the top-notch laboratories in the world. The fully funded summer research program in Switzerland aims to give a deep insight into laboratory and research work. Furthermore, it also equips the students with different tools to transform their theoretical knowledge and learn into practical things.
The duration of the fully funded Summer Undergraduate Research Program is eight weeks. Students will be exposed to curriculum and research topics during this eight-week-long biology undergraduate summer school in Switzerland. The fully-funded international summer program will be in English; English is an international language and the official language of many countries, so international students can communicate and study in English without any communication barriers. The UNIL summer program for undergraduate students will start in July and end in August, an almost 8-week summer program. The fully funded SUR Program 2024 will select about 15 bachelor students with both medical and biological studies backgrounds.
The European summer exchange program will help them learn the best ways of scientific reasoning with science communication skills. Biology Undergraduate Summer School 2024 in Switzerland is an opportunity for international undergraduate students to participate in different research projects at one of the top laboratories at the University of Lausanne (UNIL) in Switzerland. A fully funded research summer school scholarship aims to provide insight into lab research work and equip students with skills and tools to transform their knowledge into practical work. International students will get an opportunity to learn scientific reasoning and communication. The fully-funded research program is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for all students who want to bring positive change to their future and this world.
Also Check: The MuseumsLab Programme 2024 (Fully Funded)
Each UNIL SUR Program 2024 participant will perform their research project in a laboratory different from the Faculty of Biology and Medicine. This fully funded summer program in Europe aims to attract outstanding, excellent, and motivated students for a lifetime research experience. The students will also interact with other participants, which will allow students to learn from each other differently and get experience from each other. The international undergraduate summer school includes several shared academic activities. These activities include student research presentations and lectures from top faculty members on different research topics and career paths. Furthermore, they will also have a chance to get career guidance workshops in academia and beyond. With all these academic-related activities, students will also enjoy many other social activities, including swimming, Alpine skiing, barbecues, and visits to other cities in Switzerland.
You should check out: United Nation Young Leaders Programs || Fully Funded
Benefits of Biology Undergraduate Summer School
- The program will pay for and arrange for the housing of all the participants. SUR participants will be housed in one of the UNIL associations in Lausanne in a male/female (mixed) furnished apartment.
- The 2024 SUR program will provide an amount of CHF 1,500 to cover other living expenses.
- Students will get reimbursement for travel expenses at the end of the program.
- Visa assistance is also provided to all international students who need it.
- Applicants should have an academic background in biology, medicine or a related discipline with a strong focus on biological sciences.
- Applicants must have completed two years of their bachelor’s degree and will be pursuing their third year at the time of the SUR programme.
- As the summer program is highly competitive, students must have a GPA >3.75 or equivalent or be in the top 5% of class ranking.
- Students should have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English.
- Students must be able to participate for the entire duration of the international summer program.
- The UNIL SUR Program 2024 is open to both national and international students.
- Applicants must be proficient in English as the international summer camp is in English.