Call For Application: DOT Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board (GYLAB)
The DOT Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board (GYLAB) is a vibrant and innovative initiative designed to empower young individuals within the DOT network, enabling them to actively shape the organization’s present and future initiatives.
The GYLAB focuses on providing strategic advice and guidance, engaging in collaborative design for impactful outcomes, and representing the voices of youth in local communities where DOT operates across Africa, the UK, and the Middle East. With a pan-African identity and a global perspective, the GYLAB aims to offer diverse youth perspectives, strategic direction, and concrete feedback sourced from local youth experiences, thereby enhancing current and future DOT programs. The ultimate goal is to make a profound impact on the lives of millions of youth worldwide.
The purpose of the Global Youth Leadership Advisory Board (GYLAB):
- To actively participate in co-designing DOT’s present and future programs by collaborating with fellow youth, aiming to shape DOT’s initiatives for increased program relevance and impact on a global scale.
- To offer youth perspectives and feedback on DOT programming, particularly at the country and community levels, to improve the impact for both youth and women—the primary beneficiaries for whom DOT’s programs are crafted.
- To provide strategic counsel and guidance, serving as bridges between the youth and DOT’s leadership to align organizational strategies with the perspectives of youth.
- To serve as DOT Ambassadors, actively engaging peers, championing DOT initiatives, amplifying DOT’s mission, and garnering additional support and participation through digital platforms.
Check: 2024 Internship at the OECD Trento Centre for Local Development
Eligibility for DOT GYLAB
Candidates submitting their application for consideration as GYLAB will be required to meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be between the ages of 25 – 35
- Be a citizen of the following countries; Malawi, Zambia, Côte D’Ivoire, Kenya, Ethiopia, United Kingdom, and Jordan.
- Demonstrate commitment to the Mission and Vision of DOT.
- Demonstrate proficiency in Business/ Entrepreneurship, ICT and technology, youth leadership and empowerment as well as social entrepreneurship.
- Background in social entrepreneurship, innovation, and digital business with a focus on driving social impact and digital empowerment.
- Previous engagement as a #DOTYouth and deep understanding of DOT’s programs especially those within their respective countries.
- Able to commit to at least 7 hours per month.
- Able to connect virtually for meetings, activities, and events.
- Proficiency in English.
- Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
- Great understanding of and active participation in social media platforms.
- Track record of innovative problem-solving particularly in areas related to youth empowerment, youth leadership, and digital technology.
- Strong networking skills to build connections and facilitate collaborations with diverse groups, organizations, and individuals.
- Proven record of advocating for youth.
- Sensitivity to diversity and commitment to creating inclusive spaces for advocating the voices of underrepresented groups within the youth demographics.
- Commitment to lifelong learning and personal development.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Also Check: 2024 McCain Global Leaders Program | Fully Funded
To apply for this opportunity share the following:
- A cover letter
- Your updated CV/ Resume
- 3-minute video talking about yourself and why you are the best fit for this opportunity. Highlight your personal experience on why youth representation in Advisory Boards is important for future youth programming.
The video can be shared in one of these two ways:
- You can attach the video to the application email or
- Share a link to a private YouTube video.
Send all the above to [email protected] with an email titled GYLAB Application 2024.