Applications are open to join the Million Lives Collective 2022. The aim of the collective is to inspire and advocate for organizations, innovators, and social entrepreneurs that have reached transformative numbers of people.
The Million Lives Collective is currently comprised of two cohorts of organizations, innovators and social entrepreneurs who are improving the lives of those living on less than $5.50 a day.
- MLC Vanguard celebrates those who have directly impacted 1,000,000+ clients with their innovations.
- MLC Voyager recognizes those whose innovations are expected to impact 1,000,000+ clients within 18 months.
- Collaborate with the MLC’s supporting Partner network, including the brokering of introductions, connections, and invitations to shared events.
- Celebration and profiling on an international scale through Partner communication materials, and MLC-branded sessions at key events.
- Connect with other organizations, innovators, and social entrepreneurs, sharing challenges and learning from each other’s scaling journeys, as well as valuable capabilities, market insights, and relationships.
- Innovations from any sector will be considered for inclusion in the Million Lives Collective.
- The innovation must serve a client base of those living on less than USD $5.50 per day.
- Your innovation impacts people living below the poverty line of USD 5.50 in earnings a day;
- Your innovation impacted at least one million people or is expected to impact one million people within 18 months
Applications are assessed based on the following high-level criteria:
- The number of lives the innovation directly impacts.
- Also, the extent to which an innovation can be considered ‘innovative’ within the current ecosystem.
- The extent of the impact generated for each end-user of an innovation.
- In addition, the extent to which impact is reported is supported by sufficiently rigorous data and documentation.
- The one-stage application process invites organizations, innovators, and social entrepreneurs to describe their innovative solutions, the number of people reached, and the magnitude of social impact.
- Applicants might be contacted to provide more information or evidence as needed to ensure the best possible chance of becoming a Member.