Applications are now open to become an EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador 2022-2023. Through this unique experience, Ambassadors become community scientists and lead ongoing water quality monitoring efforts through the EarthEcho Water Challenge, a global water quality monitoring program that has engaged 1.6 million participants in 146 countries.
Ambassadors collaborate with and learn from a network of young people passionate about protecting local waterways and lead events to educate their communities about the importance of waterway conservation.
As an EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador you will be responsible for:
- Firstly, Participating in a virtual training with fellow Ambassadors and EarthEcho staff at the beginning of the term
- Participating in the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Summit (virtual) and Water Challenge Ambassadors training August 5-7, 2022 (All applicants should hold these dates on their calendar)
- Participating in monthly virtual meetings to gain skills in water science/conservation and event planning while connecting with and learning from your fellow Ambassadors
- Personally testing the water quality of a local body of water once a month
- Uploading all water quality data to www.monitorwater.org
- Organizing two educational events to engage at least 20 community members per event in a water monitoring activity on or around World Water Monitoring Day (September 18, 2021) and World Water Day (March 22, 2022) (Event planning training/support and EarthEcho Water Challenge test kits provided by EarthEcho International)
- Creating a blog of piece of digital/social media content highlighting a water quality issue or solution
- Actively engage in and share highlights from your work through the OceanEcho Community platform
- Contributing 2-4 hours a month to the work of the ambassadorship during your term
Benefits from EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador
As an EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador you will have the opportunity to:
- Gain support and resources to lead ongoing water quality monitoring and education programs in your community
- Collaborate and network with other young people and adult mentors across the country who are passionate about water conservation
- Serve in a youth leadership role representing the EarthEcho Water Challenge, receiving support and resources to help mobilize your peers to take conservation action by monitoring and protecting local water resources
- Represent the EarthEcho Water Challenge at local events and engage your community in contributing to a global effort to protect water resources
- Receive training and leadership opportunities offered by fellow youth leaders, EarthEcho partners, and EarthEcho staff, including co-founder Philippe Cousteau
- Provide guidance to the EarthEcho Water Challenge program to help shape future youth leadership opportunities focused on water quality monitoring and conservation
- Receive recognition for your EarthEcho Water Challenge accomplishments through stories and features on EarthEcho International’s online platforms
- Collaborate with fellow Ambassadors and the EarthEcho Youth Leadership Council on the OceanEcho 30×30 Initiative
Eligibility for EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador
All EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador applicants should:
- Be between the ages of 14-22 at the time of application;
- Be a resident of the United States;
- Demonstrate an interest in water quality and youth leadership;
- Have experience working collaboratively with youth and adults;
- Desire to participate in the EarthEcho Water Challenge and lead water monitoring events in their own community;
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
Application of EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassador
Applications for the 2022-2023 class of EarthEcho Water Challenge Ambassadors are open through May 2, 2022.
Lastly, It is important to visit the official website link found below to access the application form.
Correspondingly, Join us on Telegram for more opportunities!
Similarly, Visit oyaop.com and oyaschool.com for more scholarship opportunities.